Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

SPEC HELP PLEASE (clutch noob)

Old 05-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SPEC HELP PLEASE (clutch noob)

What's up. Sorry, I'm a clutch noob. I have a problem and some questions. I purchased my car over a year ago and forgot which Spec clutch the original owner installed. Also, I know that my flywheel isn't stock but that's all I know about the flywheel. I do know that my clutch grabbed like a *****, and I LOVE it. So if I need a clutch replacement, I want a Spec again. That's first of all. My problem is my clutch lost it's bite over time and now it slips. But sometimes right before it slips I get a jack-hammering type of a vibration. Do I need a new clutch? I've abused this cutch with slipping it on purpose way too much so I wouldn't be surprised if I destroyed it. And if I have to replace anything, I want a new everything. But I'm not sure which setup is for me. I want an aggressive clutch that CLAMPS, but ofcourse something that is streetable. I have over 400rwhp, and drive it hard but no more 4,000 rpm dumps(maybe 3,000 ) Thanks for any help/advice.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd go with the Spec 3+ kit. I've been running one for a couple of years with no issues. It will hold you power and still has good streetability.
Old 05-28-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CW00BlackTA
I'd go with the Spec 3+ kit. I've been running one for a couple of years with no issues. It will hold you power and still has good streetability.
im with him
Old 05-29-2008, 05:52 AM
Teching In

Thanks. Which flywheel, Fidanza or Spec(steel or alum.)? My car does see 6,000 or so rpm's every now and then. I don't know if that matters. Sorry, I've been searching the ***** out of this on here, but I need to take care of this. It sucks driving with no throttle and granny shiftin.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

I would stick with a steel flywheel if you DD it, an aluminum flywheel will toast your clutch if you street drive it a lot.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:56 PM
FormerVendor

Acceleration...what kind of torque are you currently making? I ask because we offer a number of options and want to make sure that we get you taken care of properly. You mentioned that you are fairly abusive...are you driving the car on the street and track? Are you running a radial or a slick? Are you easily over powering the tires? All of the questions and their subsequent answers will help in making sure you get the best set-up for your needs. Let me know. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
Acceleration...what kind of torque are you currently making? I ask because we offer a number of options and want to make sure that we get you taken care of properly. You mentioned that you are fairly abusive...are you driving the car on the street and track? Are you running a radial or a slick? Are you easily over powering the tires? All of the questions and their subsequent answers will help in making sure you get the best set-up for your needs. Let me know. Thanks!
I have 394ft-lbs.torque, 421hp. No more track for me for a while, but I do launch this thing often and smoke my tires(line-lock) a lot. It's not a DD either. 90% of the time I use regular street tires, the rest is on drag radials. I can easily over power the street tires but the drag radials require a lot more to over power. Thanks for your time man.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SPEC HELP PLEASE (clutch noob)