Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Trans, Clutch and God Knows What Else Issues

Old 06-08-2008, 11:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trans, Clutch and God Knows What Else Issues

Well I've been having some issues with my trans/ clutch lately. When everything is cold it drives pretty good, once things warm up though it gets ugly. It is hard to get into gear most of the time first of all. I'm also having the tranny make a strange sound if I push the clutch in while the car is in gear and moving, not a grind but almost a whining/ rubbing/ grind.

The transmission was rebuilt last spring and a new slave cylinder and clutch were put in. This issue just recently started. I tried changing the clutch fluid using the "turkey baster" method which improved things for a while but the problem has returned and is worse than ever.

I'm not sure what my next step should be as it doesn't look like the master cylinder is leaking. Any imput guys?
Old 06-09-2008, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anything guys? I'd really like to get this resolved ASAP. We don't get to have our cars out very long up here.

Edit: I was just told that this might be a throw-out bearing. Sound possible? I just had the tranny out 11 months ago and it sat for 7...

Search this Thread