Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

newbe needs help with centerforce

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 08:47 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbe needs help with centerforce

ok well im thinking about buying a centerforce df clutch an i see you guys are talking about a drill mod what is that? also i have only seen 11" clutches for my ls1 an i see a lot of you have the 12". whats the huge difference? pros an cons please.... thanks for any info givin.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drill mod is where you use a drill bit to drill out the end of the hydraulic line going into the slave cylinder. The reason is sometimes when you are hard shifting you will either not be able to get it into gear because the cluth is not all the way depressed or your pedal will stay at the floor.Look for the writeup on it. Not all cars need it, I have never had a problem with mine.

As for centerforce the 11" version is made for n/a cars where the 12" version is made for forced industion and/or nitrous.This is just my opionion but stay away from centerforce. I have a bolt on WS6, maybe making 320 at the wheels and the 12" version only lasted me 13k miles. In fact the car is on stands right now because I am installing a new clutch disc.

Another thing i didnt like is that centerforce will not sell the disc only, they only sell the whole kit.So I had to buy a soft metal puck type disc that is going to be a pain to drive on the street because I cant afford a good clutch kit right now. Soon though I am going with a textralia Z-grip and will never buy another centerforce product.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well my thing is i can get a used one for 200.00 with less then 500 miles on it. thats why i was asking. im not hurting for a clutch at the moment but i dont think i got much life left on the one thats in the car. an im sure you all know with gas being high we all dont have a ton of money for a expensive clutch. so im looking for the best bang for my buck.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a bad price...for sure gas prices are hurting us all.Well it should last long enough to make it worth the while.

I just finished installing the light metal disc in my car.I have to say it grips like hell! Right where it would normally start to slip it grabs and doesnt let go! Its going to take some getting used to. Thats also an option if your cluth does wear like mine did, but by then you may need a new flywheel.

Quick Reply: newbe needs help with centerforce