Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New clutch issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New clutch issues

Well I put a twin disk in and I got everything back in and now when I press the pedal it goes about 3/4 the way down before it gets stiff and the clutch isnt grabbing. This slave has about 5000 miles on it and no adjustable master (reason being im in the same boat if i had one after all the horror stories on here). I havent tried bleeding yet cause the last time I changed the clutch I didnt have to, so do you folks think its a bleeding problem???Any help will be greatly appreciated
Old 06-19-2008, 08:15 AM
FormerVendor

The pedal issue sounds like a hydraulic issue...I definitely suggest bleeding the clutch. You also mention that the "the clutch isnt grabbing"...I want to make sure we are on the same page here and that there is no misunderstanding. Do you mean that when you try to drive the car that the clutch slips? If so, this too can be related to air in the lines. If I have misunderstood your statement, please clarify and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks!
Old 06-19-2008, 10:10 AM
Launching!

I have it on jack stands and I will put it in first and release the pedal it will not turn the tires. like I said when I push the pedal down it goes 3/4 of the way than gets stiff. I appreciate the help cause the last 3 clutches i have installed i only had to bleed 1
Old 06-19-2008, 03:44 PM
FormerVendor

If the disc were overly thin or the plate had the wrong set-up in terms of the friction surface depth it could cause this...but the stiff pedal is consistent with hydraulic issues too. I know this sounds like a weird question but are you sure you didn't put the disc in backwards? The car would likely still move with if this was done...but it would account for the stiff pedal and if the geometry was far enough off it could lead to the pedal out but no movement issue.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Another thought...if the diaphragm were too tall it could bottom out the TOB which would cause the plate to sit in a released state at all times. Did you have any issue getting the trans to bolt up?

The easiest thing to try initially is bleeding the hydraulics. Let me know what you find. Thanks!

Quick Reply: New clutch issues