Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

New shifter

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New shifter

For the last year and a half I've had the B&M ripper shifter in my car and was not too happy with it. Last week I finally ordered the Pro 5.0 from TR while they had it on sale, and I went to WS6 store and ordered their 6" short stick. Well the Pro 5.0 came before the short stick did, so I put it on with the Pro 5.0 stick, and it was an improvement over the B&M, but not a huge difference. Then the WS6store short stick came yesterday, and OMG what a HUGE difference! I love it, the Pro 5.0 was alright, but the 6" short stick definitely made it worth the swap.
I don't mean to rant, but I just drove to work and am excited about the new shifter set-up and felt the need to post about it.
Old 06-20-2008, 09:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I love the WS6Store short stick that I put in about 6 mos ago. It took me a day to get used to it but now I dont ever want to go back....
Old 06-20-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't like how he WS6 handle angles the shifter upward toward the passenger. If you shorten the angled handle that comes with the Pro 5.0 I think you'll like it even better. You only need like 4-5 threads to get the **** on. But a big nut and go all the way down with it then cut off exess. then rethread it with the nut a few times.

Just a suggestion and it only cost 25 cents for the nut to try it