Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

car surging or bucking = something broke

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car surging or bucking = something broke

k, so i was out trying to tune my car, mainly light throttle bucking and i was intentionally making the car buck to try out different timing. well after about a half minute or so of bucking i went to shift the car into second and it would not go, coasted to a stop and tried putting the car in any gear and it would not go. the clutch pedal felt fine, just wouldnt go into gear. no grinding or anything. waited about a minute and finally got the thing to go into first and through the rest of the gears. ever since that happened (only driven the car once) it is extremely hard to go into every gear upshifting or downshifting. the shifter just hits a wall and after a second or so will eventually slide in. i also started hearing a slight metal spinning on metal noise when ever im shifting inbetween gears in the neutral area right before it goes into gear. the noise is most apparent on the 1-2 shift, but i can slightly hear it going into all gears. gonna start tearing this thing apart, just wondering what i should be looking for. any ideas??