Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Slave spacer

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slave spacer

Well i did alot of searching and found alot but not really what i need.

Heres the deal, new Ram HDX clutch and pressure plate, new slave with bearing (can't recall the name but its stock replacement) New master and i did the drill mod. Clutch engages right off the floor and pedal will stick about half way down alot of the time. Fluid is clean and i have bleed this thing probaly over 100 times and no air. I see alot of people are using some sort of spacer behind the slave with the ram clutchs. My car had a stock clutch in it and a spacer was not provided with my clutch or the slave. Is this something i should install or anybody else have any idea's.

Car drives fine but its pretty annoying when the pedal sticks and sometimes its notchy going into gear.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:23 AM
wrencher

Usually spacers are for a machined/resurfaced flywheel. To compensate for the material removed refinishing the flywheel.
An adjustable master is also a real good option IMO specially in your case. Then you can adjust the freeplay out of the pedal.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 AM
Staging Lane

I have been bleeding this thing with a mity vac and haven't been getting any air. But last night i broke down and cut a hole in the floor to get at the bleeder. Pump the pedal up, crack the bleeder and i'm getting air every time. So much for the mity vac theory.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

you haven't run the resevor dry at all have you? if you do it just once, you let air back in the line...

just saying, since I usually overlook the simple things lol

Quick Reply: Slave spacer