Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch Experts Inside Please!!

Old 04-12-2003, 10:58 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch Experts Inside Please!!

I just had a McLeod single disk and adjustable master cylinder installed two weeks ago. I put the required 500 break in miles on it, and all felt great. The clutch engages at mid peddle and the shifts are really smooth.

I took the car to the track yesterday, did a nice burnout and was off. When it came time to shift to 3rd it wouldn't go into gear until the revs came down. This happened on three consecutive runs.

WTF can be causing this? The car shifts to 3rd at WOT just fine on the street. It just won't do it after a burnout and hard launch.

We did the drill out mod at the time of the install. The clutch pedal is very firm, so I don't think I have air in the lines.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-13-2003, 06:11 PM
9 Second Club

Default Re: Clutch Experts Inside Please!!

^^^^anyone?^^^^
Old 04-15-2003, 02:44 AM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds like something in the hydro's. Try different points of adjustment on the master and see if that helps. If it's only doing it at the track after some abuse, that means it's happening when the disk is hot and engagement could be the problem. Try that first and see how it does...

josh
Old 04-16-2003, 07:00 AM
FormerVendor

Set you master cylinder for minimum travel (as close to the floor as possible). The fingers are pushing in too far, and sticking down centrifugally until the pressure in the clutch can overcome the centrifugal force. This is common with modified stock clutches.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clutch Experts Inside Please!!