Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

bleeding new slave resolution

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2008, 06:15 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default bleeding new slave resolution

So I bought an LS7 clutch, Fidanza aluminum flywheel and a new slave for my '00 Z28. I had more struggles getting it in than a prostitute has in confession. One of the biggest hurdles I had was bleeding the @#$%@# slave cylinder.

I asked advise from some guys who have experienced the same issues and what they told me worked, so I'm sharing their knowledge with you.

When bleeding the hyd. clutch system our cars have, raise the front of the car 3-4 feet off the ground with the back still down. Bleed the hell out of it. Then, lower the front and raise the back 3-4 feet off the ground and bleed the hell out of it. After running the master cylinder down 7-8 times between the two, you might start getting a pedal.

I pre-bled the system, used a mightyvac and old school bleeding techniques (okay, push it down (while I open the bleeder), now let it up (after I close the bleeder)), nothing worked until I started lifting the car end to end as described.

Lifting the front bleeds the air out of the master, while lifting the rear helps bleed the slave. Just something I thought I'd share as it was a life-saver for me. I would have been lost without it.

Good luck.