Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave problems

i have a c6 but...i put a spec twin disc in my car. all was good for 60 miles and then i shifted form 1st to 2nd and felt a pop and clutch went to the floor. look under the car and it dumped all the brake fluid out of the system. so i get new slave put it in and back out of the drive. shift to first rool 50 ft go to shift to 2nd and pop...clutch to the floor...fluid dumps out...slave toast agian here is what it looks like:

i called spec. they say i may need a shim.....thanks but maybe not good enuff answer with $250.00 slaves and 8 hours work to swap them out. has anybody else seen this
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dam thats a first for me. You might get better answers in the manual threads here. Shimmin it dosent look like it will fix it because it pushes it closer to the pressure plate. Did the send you the right clutch? Im not up on the C6 clcth set up but it looks like its grinding on the pressure plate. Can u take a pic of the clutch also?
Old 07-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Teching In

clutch is fine. the center of the slave is pushing thru the trowout bearing
Old 07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Teching In

i found a guy that thought he had tq tube bushing problems in a forged ls7 build that turned out to be he was given a c5 ls1 bearing not a c6 ls2 bearing. i guess the ls1 part is a little bigger and allows the input shaft to move around and destroy the inside of the slave. then once it weak it just pushs the inside out...here is his pic and it is a twin of my first slave........

i called the store where i got my bearing and they did not have a listing for a bearing for my car....so i guess they just gave me an 04.......
Old 07-29-2008, 07:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,388 Likes on 877 Posts

Originally Posted by EXCESSIVE81
i found a guy that thought he had tq tube bushing problems in a forged ls7 build that turned out to be he was given a c5 ls1 bearing not a c6 ls2 bearing. i guess the ls1 part is a little bigger and allows the input shaft to move around and destroy the inside of the slave. then once it weak it just pushs the inside out...here is his pic and it is a twin of my first slave........

i called the store where i got my bearing and they did not have a listing for a bearing for my car....so i guess they just gave me an 04.......
I think you nailed it. The input shaft is not being supported so it is rubbing against the sides of the TOB.

Andrew
Old 07-29-2008, 08:13 PM
Teching In

yeah i am prety happy this been going on for a month and it not a cheap part to keep tearing up...in 50 ft no less. nice gto...i had a 1972 beater in school. parents made me sell it

Quick Reply: slave problems