Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission noise

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:52 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission noise

First thread - https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/958773-transmission-fluid-can-cause-problem.html

I've changed the ATF (using Mobil 1) and power bled the system throughly.

I've tracked what happens very carefully. Here is what I find. I think with a little bit more input from you guys I will probably be dropping the tranny for a repair. Tell me what you think.

When warm the transmission does this and it gets worst the hotter it gets.

Clutch pedal never sticks to the floor and I feel the shifter will go into gear even though it grinds/growls. The werid thing is that even after putting the tranny in gear during the shift if I leave the clutch engaged the growl still persists.

Also, I will watch this very closely tonight when I get home (should be warm by then), but I swear I heard a chip/squeal coming from the car. It sounds like a belt squeal...not sure though. Does a TO problem sound like that? I will also check to see if the sounds goes away if i push in the clutch....I know that is a bad TO.

At this point I really concerned about the growling. What do you think that is? Really odd that it's only when warm. When it's cold it shifts like butter.

Thanks.