Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

T56 Conversion Wiring..

Old 08-13-2008, 08:41 AM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

Default T56 Conversion Wiring..

Here is a really good explanation of this for anyone that it can help.. about the best way to do it IMO..real close to factory.

In the Harness, strip out all the Auto Wiring except the wire that powers the Solenoids in the Transmission(it will be a pink wire, if you trace it, it will go to the Connectors on the Fender), and leave one other one inplace that goes to the PCM, you will need this one too.

Reverse Lights:
Take the Reverse Light wire off of the Auto Switch(Lime Green wire on the Auto Shifter Connector) and extend it over to the Harness Connectors on the Passenger Side. Connect it in on an open spot, and do the same on the Engine Harness side. Run a wire through the Harness and eventually to the Reverse Light Connector for the T56. It will splice into the Wire that's green on the Connector. (It will help to have a Tranny to measure the length) I placed it about 6" down from the branch in the Harness where the wires go to the Tranny, about 12" in length.

Reverse Lockout:
Take the Reverse Lockout Connector and lay it next to the VSS Connector(the wiring is about the same length). Take the Green wire and connect it to the one wire that you left(not the power wire), and then take the other end that's at the PCM and put it to the Pin on the PCM Connectors is the Reverse Lockout. I don't know what exactly the one is for the LT1's, the LS1 F-body's is PCM RED #44.

If you have done everything by what I just said at this point, you should have the pink wires left. You are going to connect the pink wires from the Reverse Light and Reverse Lockout Connectors into the one that I said to leave that was in the Harness, this will be the Fused Power for them.

That's about it..then go into the Interior and strip out the Wiring that is left over from the Auto stuff. Some Wires will be hot with the Key on, be sure to properly cap them off.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Great Info.
thanks the_merv

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: T56 Conversion Wiring..