Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

confused

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default confused

ok was starting to hear a noise when I was driving with the car in any gear at a steady speed and would disappear when the clutch was engauged. Figured it was the throw out bearing. right before i dropped the tranny the car was starting to give troubles when backing up. Would almost try to come to a stop almost as to if you were applying the brake. Jacked the car up and placed the tranny in all gears and spun the tires by hand and it was really loud rolling the internals of the tranny with the car off.
put the car on the lift dropped the tranny replaced the throw out bearing and replaced the fluid and it was nasty black!!.
Reverse seems to be fine now but now 4th gear is begining to grind. I see dex 111 is to be ran but what is the best fluid that I can put in this tranny to help it HOLD for a period of time. I can not afford to replace the tranny right now.
Any and all help to get this to last me a little longer would be greatly appriciated.
Old 09-03-2008, 03:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any one?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

transmission fluid simply lubricates, it has nothing to do with "keeping" it together unlike an auto whose fluid can affect the friction properties of the bands.