Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

will my tranny break with this setup

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 01:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will my tranny break with this setup

LME 383, ls6 stg 3 heads, fast 92 with jantzer 92mm TB, ARH 1/8 pri 3 inch collectors, nitto D/R's, spec stage 3+ clutch, moser 12 bolt 33 spline axles, and alot of other stuff i don't feel like typing right now. the car will be done hopefully by the end of next week and should make between 480-500rwhp, how well will my stock t-56 hold up, this tranny was rebuilt with new syncros and gears 9,000 miles ago, i'm gonna get six speeds inc. and LMR to rebuild my **** as soon as i get the money but for now i'm stuck with the stocker. any one got any ideas???????
Old 09-09-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It always could break but I'd say you're ok with that setup. There have been a lot of guys that have run more power through stock transmissions and been ok for a while. Plus the nittos really that sticky.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Your tranny should be ok. Just a thought if you have a full length torque arm we make a torque relocation bracket to remove the arm off of the transmission. That way you never have to worry about the tailshaft breaking due to the torque arm. We have them in stock and can ship same day. If you have any questions please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodyChassis.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend of mine is putting 840 to the wheels through a stock T56 he put in a twin turbo Gen 3 Camaro. It was on the cover of Car Craft's March '08 issue. He spun the output shaft out of it while doing burnouts after his wedding, but for $75 had another and fixed it. The T56 can handle more abuse than many will give it credit for.
Old 09-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BMR Sales
Your tranny should be ok. Just a thought if you have a full length torque arm we make a torque relocation bracket to remove the arm off of the transmission. That way you never have to worry about the tailshaft breaking due to the torque arm. We have them in stock and can ship same day. If you have any questions please give me a call.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodyChassis.htm
i love BMR the car is actually having your xtreme torque arm installed, with extreme lower control arms, lcarelcation brackets...thanks BMR
Old 09-09-2008, 09:40 PM
Banned

A lot of it has to do with the driver . I have seen guys making a lot more power than you keep a transmission together . I have also seen guys with less power tear crap up . Over all the T56 is pretty stout in stock trim . The biggest issues I see are broken 3-4 shift keys and worn out syncros . Other typical wear items are the fork pads . Upgrade this stuff and you "should" be ok .

Quick Reply: will my tranny break with this setup