Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Hydraulics for the clutch went out... NEED INPUT

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 08:54 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hydraulics for the clutch went out... NEED INPUT

So I was driving the other night and went to shift fourth gear and my clutch pedal went straight to the floor and lost all pressure and now the pedal is to the floor. I came to a stop after this and looked under my car and there was no clutch fluid leaking and the resevior is still full of fluid. The master cylinder is a new ram adjustable and the slave cylider is a new one from advance auto parts and also have a ls2/ls7 clutch kit. When the car sits at idle there is a vibration coming from the trans area. I'm thinking that the slave cylinder went bad and possibly fell apart causing vibration. Please any input would be appreciated!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check your fluid i just went through this ... i got super blue brake fluid from the tire rack ..its boiling point is 536 degrees .....
Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Launching!

did you check to make sure that the master link didn't just come off the pedal?
Old 09-18-2008, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

no the master link is still connected. and the rod is still screwed into the end that connects to the clutch pedal assembly... The only reason I have a feeling about the slave cylinder is because of the vibration coming from the transmission.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Did you figure out your problem yet?

I only ask because mine did THE EXACT!!! same thing. Even failed at the same shift point. This happened on the fourth consecutive pass at the track with 1.6 60's.... I'm puzzled....

Any input would sure help.

Nate
Old 12-08-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EW WS6
So I was driving the other night and went to shift fourth gear and my clutch pedal went straight to the floor and lost all pressure and now the pedal is to the floor. I came to a stop after this and looked under my car and there was no clutch fluid leaking and the resevior is still full of fluid. The master cylinder is a new ram adjustable and the slave cylider is a new one from advance auto parts and also have a ls2/ls7 clutch kit. When the car sits at idle there is a vibration coming from the trans area. I'm thinking that the slave cylinder went bad and possibly fell apart causing vibration. Please any input would be appreciated!!!
what did your issue turn out to be??

Quick Reply: Hydraulics for the clutch went out... NEED INPUT