Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Problems with the textrallia clutch

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problems with the textrallia clutch

does anyone know if there is any kind of warranty for these clutches i have had this in the car for like 3000 miles and its already not holding as good and heating up hotter than hell because it does not disengage correctly
Old 09-28-2008, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

have you ever replaced your master cylinder or slave. I had the same problem and my master cylinder was shot. What bleeding process are you using?
Old 09-28-2008, 02:24 PM
12 Second Club

Did you use sealant on the flywheel bolts????
Old 09-28-2008, 03:26 PM
TECH Regular

i replaced the slave with it i used lock tight on the bolts i bled it like it says to on the faq of this section
Old 09-28-2008, 09:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of the Tex clutches I've seen hold great, but they do have dissengement issues...especially at higher rpms. Are you having trouble getting the transmission into gear from neutral when the engine is running and the car is sitting still? Wheres the pedal in relation to the floor when the car begins to roll when taking off?

If you're clutch is dragging, you've probably got a problem with the master. We have a new adjustablem master out that solves some of the dissengagement issues that Tex clutches seem to have.
Old 09-28-2008, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

its starting to get hard to get into gear now while idling and its grinding into other gears while driving it starts to roll right off the floor
Old 09-28-2008, 11:33 PM
Launching!

John, are you guys (Tick) going to start selling Textralia? Been thinking of getting that new master from ya'all but want to buy everything from one vender.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Regular

so im thing the adjustable master will fix the problem however i think the clutch is too far gone so is there any way textrallia will take care of this? or will have to eat the $1300 i payed for it and get another one?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by USMC Devil Dog
John, are you guys (Tick) going to start selling Textralia? Been thinking of getting that new master from ya'all but want to buy everything from one vender.
Yeah, I'll pm you a price.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:36 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Ilikeppie
so im thing the adjustable master will fix the problem however i think the clutch is too far gone so is there any way textrallia will take care of this? or will have to eat the $1300 i payed for it and get another one?
Textralia is know for excellent customer service, so your best bet is to give them a call and find out what they will do.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I seem to be seeing similar issues (myself and a close friend) with the Tex OZ700. He just bought the new Tick master cylinder (upgrading from the adjustable RAM) and as soon as we get it in, we're going to test it out and post results. If it fixes the issue, I'll be buying one. We were supposed to do it Saturday but he got tied up. I can't wait to find out if it works.

Good luck with your clutch. Tex does have great customer service. The only problem is getting in touch with them on the phone because they are in Australia.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:52 AM
12 Second Club

i know this is a stupid question, but did u break the clutch in.

not breaking in a clutch is like having sex without forplay, if u just stick it in and go its not going to last as long or be any good.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah i did just as byun advised me from byun speed, this is where i purchased it is there any way to get a hold of tex besides calling them international rates are crazy
Old 09-29-2008, 12:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Do these issues also apply to the twin disk?

I have just put 1k miles on mine along with a new stock master and slave, and engagement has been spot-on since day one with no changes and lighter than stock pedal feel and pressure.

I did city driving break-in, and I waited 500 miles before shifting hard at WOT.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Regular

i dont know but mine started with a good engagement point it was pretty close to the floor but after some miles it started slowly engaging closer and closer to the floor and now it doesnt completely disengage
Old 09-30-2008, 08:04 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bboyferal
Do these issues also apply to the twin disk?

I have just put 1k miles on mine along with a new stock master and slave, and engagement has been spot-on since day one with no changes and lighter than stock pedal feel and pressure.

I did city driving break-in, and I waited 500 miles before shifting hard at WOT.
I would say as long as engagement stays perfect and you're not noticing any draggin or difficulty getting into and out of gear, you're good to go.

Textralia does specify and ADVERTISE this clutch as a "no break-in" clutch. They specifically state that you can take this clutch out onto the road or track immediately after install and beat the hell out of it with no repercussions.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
I seem to be seeing similar issues (myself and a close friend) with the Tex OZ700. He just bought the new Tick master cylinder (upgrading from the adjustable RAM) and as soon as we get it in, we're going to test it out and post results. If it fixes the issue, I'll be buying one. We were supposed to do it Saturday but he got tied up. I can't wait to find out if it works.

Good luck with your clutch. Tex does have great customer service. The only problem is getting in touch with them on the phone because they are in Australia.
so have you got this installed?? does this fix the problem?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:06 PM
Internet Mechanic

I bought a Tick Perf. Master Cyl it has solve all issues, it Powershifts w/ ease.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:24 PM
TECH Regular

sounds like i need one then after i get a new clutch beings mine got all burned up