Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Exedy clutch question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exedy clutch question...

Have been searching all morning long for the best replacement clutch for my 'bird. Currently looking into the LS7, Ram HD, or the Centerforce, but I came across an Exedy package for $264 which includes: Exedy Billet Steel Flywheel, Exedy Pressure Plate, Exedy Clutch Disk, Release Bearing, Pilot Bearing, and Alignment Tool.

States that it has a 20% increase in torque capacity and 15% more in clamping load over a LS1 clutch and is designed as a Z06 OEM Replacement clutch.

I have searched for about 2 hours this morning for more info on this clutch and could not find anything. All the info is for the Single and twin disk set-ups for over $1k.

Sorry, can't post the link as it is advertised by a non-sponsor company.

Has anyone ever used this clutch or does anyone know what this might be able to hold, HP and TQ? I have a full bolt-on car and in a couple of months will be adding a mild cam package.

I know Exedy clutches are expensive, so it shocked me to see an Exedy under $800. This clutch package has a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. Claims it is a genuine brand new clutch package, not a "repackaged" one. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:42 PM
Teching In

Great parts..........these parts are made by LUK.......i have used the LUK setups on a lot of German cars..........i just got this setup for my 2000 Z28.....have not installed them yet.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kens64
Great parts..........these parts are made by LUK.......i have used the LUK setups on a lot of German cars..........i just got this setup for my 2000 Z28.....have not installed them yet.
Thanks for the response. Is your Z modded? Please keep me updated on how everything goes.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:01 PM
On The Tree

I'm also intersted in this. My clutch is starting to slip and I was looking at getting the ls7, my car only having a lid and cb, but being a poor college student. the $200 savings is looking pretty good. But if the ls7 is that much better I'll pay to have something that can handle the extra abuse.

Quick Reply: Exedy clutch question...