Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Busy Month At Gateway...

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:18 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Busy Month At Gateway...

It has come to my attention that many folks aren’t aware Gateway International Raceway in Madison, Illinois, has five open events scheduled during the final ten days of March.

From Saturday, March 21st through Saturday, March 28th, there are two Saturday Open Test-N-Tune events, one Tuesday Open Test-N-Tune event, the season-opening event in the 2009 Street Car Shootout Series and Street Bike Shootout Series and a Friday Midnight Madness. Most important is the fact there is a Saturday (daytime) Test-N-Tune scheduled to begin eight hours after the first Friday Midnight Madness (night time) event.

All these events are subject to weather conditions and temperature minimum requirements but, so you know, here’s the rundown of races:

Saturday, March 21st: IceBreaker Open Test-N-Tune, Swap Meet and Car Show; gates open at 9 AM with racing from 10 AM until 4 PM.

Tuesday, March 24th: Open Test-N-Tune; gates open at 5 PM with racing from 6 PM until 11 PM. NOTE: This is NOT an SCSS event but an open test session.

Friday, March 27th: Midnight Madness #1; gates open at 8 PM with racing from 9 PM until 2 AM.

Saturday, March 28th: Open Test-N-Tune; gates open at 9 AM with racing from 10 AM until 4 PM.

Tuesday, March 31st: SCSS/SBSS Season Opener and Open Test-N-Tune; gates open at 5 PM with racing from 6 PM until 11 PM.

As always, for more information go to Gateway Raceway.com.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i will be there on the 21 maybe the 24th and the 27th for midnight madness
Old 03-20-2009, 02:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is there a way to know the DA on a specific day at gateway? which way does the track face? i was curious so i can take wind directions into consideration.

Quick Reply: Busy Month At Gateway...