Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Buyers Beware

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 09:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buyers Beware

I bought a 67 camaro street strip car that supposedly had a well built 408 motor. I paid 14,500 cash and traveled 8 hours to get it. brought it home and started checking it before i ran it because i don't want to get killed due to someones carelessness. Issues: Vac canister was hooked up backwards so i fixed it then for some reason motor started ticking. Pulled off valve covers to see a GM stamping, it was supposed to have ported dart pro1 iron heads! They were 292 GM heads. Also 8 rockers were comp 8 were crane WTF! Some guide plates manley others comp WTF! Well gonna check valve lash anyway. Pulled all plugs and tried to rotate over, and crank bolt was loose,it would not tighten! i backed it out and it had epoxy all over it! Took pics of crank snout and put on computer to see it was stripped to hell! I discovered these problems a month ago. Today i wanna see the bottom end so i pulled the pan. Well it wasn't a 4 bolt SPLAYED block as i was told, was 4 bolt factory block. Next , Supposed to have crower rods, they look to be the junk aluminum rods on ebay for like 250$. Crank is a GM factory 400 cast by looking up the numbers,GM never made a forged 400 crank. Not the 4340 It was supposed to be. Pistons were srp stamped 41f on the bottom. Supposed to be 13 to 1 forged, i have yet to confirm this. This engine was supposed to be fully forged shifted at 6800 and the car ran 10.1-10.2 in the quarter. By looking up the cam it is a comp 12-901-9 Circle track cam, why in a drag car? No ARP hardare on this thing at all! I highly doubt it has the Art carr Tranny and Converter. Looks to me to be a bunch of junk with a big cam to make a sale to f>>> someone.

I called the guy after my first discoveries only to get told impossible i did not sell you junk and get hung up on! He knows what he did and I got screwed royally. The car has other liar issues but it is the motor that pisses me off.

The car was bought on racing junk. Search for ad 1602461 to see the POS that I got taken on.

The guy I bought the car from was:
Robert E Beasley Jr and Sandra M Beasley
Chebanse,Il. 60922

This guy is about 50 and a real scum bag. If you know of him or had any dealings with him any info would be appreciated. He is looking for a 69 camaro currently and goes by mrbob on racingjunk.

I feel he owes me money for what i paid for and did not get. I am currently seeking legal action but as we all know the wheels turn slowly state to state.

This will eventually cost him more by going the legal route but thats the way we must go.

Everyone who buys used parts and may run into him deserves to know what a F>>> he is!

His famous words are I AM AN HONEST MAN AND A MAN OF MY WORD.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:51 AM
12 Second Club

Damn that sucks...
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
Teching In

I say take pics of your finds and take a printout of his add with you and in court he will have nothing to say..

it is called false advertising and fraud... And you get to walk away with a check and possibly even the car... good luck and I am glad you got legal help in this as most would try and handle it themselves and get screwed
Old 10-07-2009, 04:28 PM
11 Second Club

I live like 15min from chebanse. REALLY small town. Remember where his house was? I have a guy I work with that grew up there and he knows everyone I'll ask him next week when he comes back from vacation.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:56 PM
Teching In

Pm Sent
Old 10-08-2009, 07:31 PM
On The Tree

dam that sucks
Old 10-08-2009, 09:48 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

People, you must pull the valve covers & pan.
There is absolutely no reason in this world not to.
Way too many dirt bag, scumbags out there now a days!!
If the guy wouldn't risk a couple of bucks for gaskets, he's up to something.

Good luck, I would blast this piece of crap everywhere possible until he's tired of people bugging him.
If you are really serious, pack a lunch and sit in front of his door all W/E.
Bring paperwork, & photo's for when the cops show up.

Old 10-08-2009, 09:54 PM
Teching In

Get the police involved ASAP and you'll have no problem, get a hard copy of the description, and any phone records ect. Take it to the police and tell them you want to file fraud, the police will probably call him and give him an ultimatum
Old 10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

The cops will 99-100 say not our problem, civil matter.

You are going to have to pressure him into doing the right thing,
or have a 100% perfect case built to try & sue him.
Are all these parts in writing?? are there time slips he sent you?? Copy of ad's or emails.
Start building stuff & get organized.

I made a couple of call's to guys in the Kankakee area.
They don't recognize the name. They said post a photo and if he's a real car guy in that area,
someone will know him.

Old 10-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got something better than a carfax.. it's a note from the original owner. It says, "I promise this car runs great!"
Old 10-09-2009, 02:39 AM
Launching!

That really sucks man, good luck with this.

You can still File a police report, get a lawyer and get to business. People who get away with this stuff will only do it again.

If these are the sellers numbers, have the police call him and inquire. I know if someone steals from a business they would call, why not a consumer? I would definitely send him court papers.

Seller Phone Number: 815-697-2834

Seller Phone Number2: 815 644 2509
Old 10-09-2009, 03:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah hope it works out for ya...This is what had me wondering.. "look i am not broke and will not take 10k for the car as the motor is worth as much as that" But yet he'll sell it as a roller for 2500 less
Old 10-20-2009, 04:20 PM
11 Second Club

ok asked the guys at work and like 10 of them have heard of Bob Beasley. He used to work in my dept. before I worked there. Sounds like he's pretty much a scumbag. He got hurt like 2 weeks in on the job, cause he was an idiot and did it to himself. Was on light duty for awhile, and all he did was talk about sueing the company. And apparently he is the complete opposite of a hard worker. He's one of those guys whos had 10 different jobs in 10 years.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va

i know exactly what i would do and it would completely be worth the gas and everything for a 8 hour drive. but thats just me. regardless of his ago or anything post pics of the car and **** like that. please

Quick Reply: Buyers Beware