Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

"Street Racing Law" in Ohio, Please Read

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2009, 01:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

politicians=******* douche bags. nothing better to do than pick on the little guy and single out people. Why dont they tax fast food places for being a leading cause of obesity? and thats nation wide. this **** pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!! i signed, and told EVERYONE i know with cars.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:33 PM

Default street racing law

i just saw your petition / i have contacted many people in the last 4 days i hope this will help.. i talked to john at crusin times mag. john at first didnt want to get involved but as of yesterday he said something should be done // here is a link to his website. thanks gary http://www.cruisintimes.org/cruisin/...news&Itemid=50
Old 12-30-2009, 12:41 PM

scott saw the article the other day and signed in today as 14-71vette didnt see that we alrdy have a user name box performance. here again is the link john posted to help http://www.cruisintimes.org/cruisin/...news&Itemid=50
Old 12-30-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

just signed it, that's ridiculous. So a person with a 300hp LS1 with a 150 shot is illegal, but a guy with a 800hp procharged LS7 is ok?! Give me a break.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just signed it.
Old 12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Banned

wow... According to that bill... You can have your license taken away for 30 days for just accelerating from a stop light at an abnormally quick rate and also for smoking the tires. Not to mention the fact that you could also have your car taken away for such things.

Thats not even racing. Thats just thrown in there to screw with people.

And I thought we had it bad here in Los Angles. Jeeze.. Good luck on the fight guys!

P.S. Just signed the petition for you as well.

Last edited by Mike@ZMS; 12-30-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

What happens now? The count total in the petition is over 1000. Can this be stopped, or will it simply be noted that we don't agree.
Old 01-03-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

just signed the petition
The law like you guys said goes way too far. Some stuff I can see but alot is just stupid.

It is a matter of time before this law gets passed in other states.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:19 PM
12 Second Club

i did my part by signing, keep on people lets jeep this thread at the top
Old 01-04-2010, 09:11 AM
Staging Lane

Just signed the petition. I copied post #10 and pasted it in the comments box. I am from Ohio and visit about once a year but glad I don't live there anymore!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

can i sign it even though i live in KC MO

i just run from the cops here minus state troopers they got planes.

but im still willing to help
Old 01-04-2010, 08:21 PM

Default Bill is revised!

The senate reworked the bill on the Dec 29 - Whew! ---It looks like actual common sense prevailed and just focuses on street racing. The part of "excessive demonstration" has been struct out so if your solo, the bill doesnt effect you. The nitrous part is only in there now as to if you use it in the act of street racing, your still in deep do. And you still lose your vehicle if you are caught bonafide street racing.

All the noise to the senate actually worked - how 'bout that?

http://www.legislature.state.oh.us/B..._191_PH_N.html

Overall I'm breathing a sigh of relief....

MD
Old 01-05-2010, 05:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

For people that don't want to search through the website for it. I deleted out the crossed out portions.

Sec. 4511.251. (A)(1) As used in this section and section 4510.036 of the Revised Code, "street racing" means the operation of two or more vehicles from a point side by side at accelerating speeds in a competitive attempt to out-distance each other or the operation of one or more vehicles over a common selected course, from the same point to the same point, wherein timing is made of the participating vehicles involving competitive accelerations or speeds.

(2) The operation of two or more vehicles side by side either at speeds in excess of prima-facie lawful speeds established by divisions (B)(1)(a) to (B)(8) of section 4511.21 of the Revised Code or rapidly accelerating from a common starting point to a speed in excess of such prima-facie lawful speeds shall be prima-facie evidence of street racing.

(B) No person shall participate in street racing upon any public road, street, or highway in this state.

(C)(1) Whoever violates division (B) of this section is guilty of street racing,.

(2) Except as otherwise provided in divisions (C)(3) to (7) of this section, street racing is a misdemeanor of the first degree.

(3) Except as otherwise provided in divisions (C)(4) to (7) of this section, street racing is a felony of the fifth degree if the offender knew or had reasonable cause to believe that a device or apparatus was connected to any vehicle participating in the street race so as to inject nitrous oxide into the fuel or the combustion chambers of the engine of the vehicle during the street race.

Sec. 4511.253. Every retailer who sells at retail nitrous oxide shall conspicuously post a sign that contains the following language: "Street racing on the public roads, streets, and highways of Ohio is illegal and punishable by a fine, a jail term or prison term, suspension of a person's driver's or commercial driver's license, and criminal forfeiture of any vehicle involved in a street race. Violators of Ohio's prohibition on street racing are subject to increased penalties if the motor vehicle operated by the individual in an illegal street race is enhanced by the use of nitrous oxide." The sign shall be of sufficient size to be clearly legible to a person of normal vision. The department of public safety shall make the sign available at no charge on its internet web site.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

[QUOTE=Box Performance;12673115]

Another point is that the law for drunk drivers isn't even this harsh and over 11,000 people dies last year due to drunk drivers and no one takes their cars.

QUOTE]

^^^great point
edit sorry hadnt read that it had been revised thats a relief!
Old 03-09-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Petition Signed!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

i still Dont get why they Single out the Nitrous Oxide for a power adder. Apparently turbos and Superchargers arent Dangerous power adders. I mean I could see if it were because it was a compressed gas in the vehicle but not just because it adds Horsepower. These Lawmakers probably Watch Fast and Furios and Call it NOS too instead of N.O.S.! Strokes
Old 03-12-2010, 10:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeonbergerG
i still Dont get why they Single out the Nitrous Oxide for a power adder. Apparently turbos and Superchargers arent Dangerous power adders. I mean I could see if it were because it was a compressed gas in the vehicle but not just because it adds Horsepower. These Lawmakers probably Watch Fast and Furios and Call it NOS too instead of N.O.S.! Strokes
Because this law was spearheaded by a lawyer who's daughter was injured in a crash with a GTO that had nitrous installed and had been street racing. What's not to get?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LeonbergerG
Maybe because some cars come stock with turbos/superchargers from the factory. A semi truck pretty much requires a turbo for example (not that you'd really street race in a semi...).

I saw this bill when it was first presented to the House. I agreed with many here, it goes too far. I told my rep and he gave me the same response as every other liberal guy in office from this state, "Thanks for your opinion but we know what's best for you" bullcrap and said he voted for it.

Glad to see it at least got adjusted. I don't street race, don't intend to, but the last thing I needed was a cop having a bad day, seeing me pull out "too fast" from a light and deciding to nail me with a bogus street racing charge.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

"Requires a retailer who sells at retail nitrous oxide to require every person who purchases nitrous oxide in Ohio from the retailer to sign a nitrous oxide purchase statement, and requires a retail seller to retain every nitrous oxide purchase statement for a period of not less than two years from the date of the retail sale that generated the purchase statement."

i lol'd at this because i can buy a fork from walmart and stab a 5 year old... will they outlaw forks?

also i can buy a gun from walmart and shoot a priest, will they outlaw those white collars that contrast perfectly with the black outfits?
Old 03-12-2010, 10:32 PM
9 Second Club

I signed it even though I live in Illinois. That law sucks ***!

Quick Reply: "Street Racing Law" in Ohio, Please Read