Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

So I Finally Pulled The Trans Am Out Of Storage, And.........

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down So I Finally Pulled The Trans Am Out Of Storage, And.........

Took it for a little drive to make sure the car was all good, I was coming back home, went through LaGrange and got pulled over Really??? I had been on the road for about 20 mins

So I know I wasn't speeding, I was doing 28 in a 30. Officer pulls up to me and says I am pulling you over for LOUD EXHAUST. Honestly it is loud. I am cammed, ORY and GMMG blah blah (exhaust combo is in my sig). Strolls to the front, of course no front plate asks me for insureance. Just out insurance on the car 30 mins before i pulled it out so I didn't have cards on me. They were emailed to me put I hadn't printed them as I was not buy a printer

So the officer said that he was going to give me a break on the no front plate and no proof of insurance. BUT I got a STATE ticket for loud exhaust. Anytime I get a ticket for exhaust only 1 other time in 2007 it was a COMPLIANCE tichet ($25). The fvckign cop like I said gave me a STATE ticket ($75) and took my fvckign license

So know I have to use that stupid azz envelope or pay online. I always thought that this ticket is an EQUIPMENT VIOLATION and not a MOVING VIOLATION. It says that if I plead guilty, pay the $75 it goes on my record.. That is BS

Way to have a first 30 mins out with the car today

So the officer gave me the more expensive ticket and goes " BTW I really like your car.. ALOT!!!" so dumbass why did you give me a ticket, let alone the more expensive ticket

Last edited by TORCHD 02 TA; 03-30-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God damn man, put that thing back to storage and wait a week!
Old 03-30-2010, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that really sux! What has this world come to when you cannot even go down the street and not be harassed by the police for every little thing (mostly car enthusiasts). I revved my engine to show off the exhaust and a police officer parked out of sight raced over to me like a bat out of hell and called me a punk! He threatened to give me a ticket for "exhibition of speed" I almost laughed in his face lol. But when I found out he was telling the truth I was in disbelief. Exhibition of speed is the biggest bullshit I have ever heard of. Dont get me wrong I love and respect the police and what they stand for but this is really not cool.

BTW you got pretty lucky he didnt get you for more than he did.
Old 03-30-2010, 07:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
God damn man, put that thing back to storage and wait a week!
Yeah I should have waited seriously.. Pisses me off that Harleys get away louder exhaust
Old 03-30-2010, 07:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 01PewterMadre
that really sux! What has this world come to when you cannot even go down the street and not be harassed by the police for every little thing (mostly car enthusiasts). I revved my engine to show off the exhaust and a police officer parked out of sight raced over to me like a bat out of hell and called me a punk! He threatened to give me a ticket for "exhibition of speed" I almost laughed in his face lol. But when I found out he was telling the truth I was in disbelief. Exhibition of speed is the biggest bullshit I have ever heard of. Dont get me wrong I love and respect the police and what they stand for but this is really not cool.

BTW you got pretty lucky he didnt get you for more than he did.
I understand that I got lucky.. But he could have given me a $25 compliance ticket, not the $75 state ticket and take my license

Then he has the nerves to tell me that he really likes my car... Come on
Old 03-30-2010, 08:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

yeah its so stupid how they pick on us and dont bother bikers. I was running an open y-pipe all last year and didnt have a problem( knock on wood), my heart would start racing though when I would see a cop cuz I know he heard me.
Old 03-30-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 01PewterMadre
that really sux! What has this world come to when you cannot even go down the street and not be harassed by the police for every little thing (mostly car enthusiasts).
I love loud exhaust as much as the next guy, but can you really call it "harassment" when it has illegal exhaust?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Some cops use good judgement in what they do while others do not. It drives me nuts that officers get away with constantl speeding themselves, performing illegal manuevers on the roads, and riding a foot off your bumber to run your plates.
I've gotten so upset with the last one, I have actually just pulled over - so far the couple of times it has happened the cop has just gone around.

Technically, anything that "is not stock" in illinois can get you a ticket in terms of exhaust - which drives me crazy as well when you see the Harleys ride by.

What is exhibition of speed?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:56 PM
10 Second Club

my cousin had a local cop tail gating him in his 1974 TA. So he slammed on the brakes the moment the cop turned the lights ON.

The officer wasnt allowed to investigate his own accident and the state of Nebraska paid for a Rear end of a 1974 TA.

Just so happens my cousin took his TA to the family owned body shop. Another BITE in the *** to the local cop!!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a cop rearend me before, he was messing around on his phone and thought the light turned green and slammed on the gas and then into the back of me.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:10 PM
12 Second Club

I NEVER drive my camaro through LaGrange. It is too easy to get a ticket in that town, especially the downtown area on LaGrange Rd. 20mph limit, pedestrian crosswalks everywhere, no left turns near the train tracks, right turn on arrow only.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

That sucks buddy! Your right though… why on earth would he write you a ticket and then turn around and tell you that he likes your car. That’s BS!

The citation won’t go on your record as long as you fill out the court supervision form. Also, you can NOT get another moving violation within the next 90 days. If you do, you lose your right to court supervision, and both citations will be on your record.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Rabbit's97SS
That sucks buddy! Your right though… why on earth would he write you a ticket and then turn around and tell you that he likes your car. That’s BS!

The citation won’t go on your record as long as you fill out the court supervision form. Also, you can NOT get another moving violation within the next 90 days. If you do, you lose your right to court supervision, and both citations will be on your record.
I was about to use you Chris as my cousin or something.. But didn't.. you know what I mean

He should have given me the $25 compliance ticket....

What cout supervision form you talking about? I got a an envelope that has bunch of options.

A) Plead guilty pay $75. Convitction is reported to SOS for entry on your public driving record

B) Avoid a conviction and go to Traffic Safety School

C) Plead NOT GUILTY and request a court date

Chris so what other form is there. And TECHNICALLY this isn't a moving violation. This is really and equipment violation.. so what the fvck gives????

If you want to talk to me text me or call me.. This totally ruined my fvckign day.. Do you still have my number??
Old 03-30-2010, 11:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by '99bluez
I NEVER drive my camaro through LaGrange. It is too easy to get a ticket in that town, especially the downtown area on LaGrange Rd. 20mph limit, pedestrian crosswalks everywhere, no left turns near the train tracks, right turn on arrow only.
I have been through LaGrange billions of times and never once had a problem.. Its the end of the month, and I am in a BRIGHT red Trans Am.. You do the Math.. I should have waited till April 1st
Old 03-30-2010, 11:25 PM
TECH Resident

take it to court, theres a chance the cop doesnt show up. also there has to be some sort of proof for it to be valid, if the cop did no test to see how loud it is and just wrote the ticket at his discretion, it then becomes your word against his and most of the time is thrown out of court.

im learning about this stuff in a law class right now, not saying you will always win but with a lawyer id say you have a good chance.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

That Blos. I actually took the Camaro out today and made it about 10 blocks and got pulled over by a county cop. I go reaching for insurance and registration and he says no need, I just pulled you over to check out your car. We chatted for about 15 minutes and parted ways. Thats a first for me, Cop was in sweats and a tshirt lol.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:45 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Yeah I should have waited seriously.. Pisses me off that Harleys get away louder exhaust
I ****** hate that harleys can go down the road at full throttle and not have the cops called but I go over 3200 rpm and my neighbor hood is flooded with cops
Old 03-31-2010, 02:25 AM
Launching!

Just got in from work and there were cops with people pulled over every 5 miles, so you weren't the only one having a bad day.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:43 AM
Staging Lane

just got a bright red ss with loud exhaust lets see how that goes
Old 03-31-2010, 03:00 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Mine looks like **** so they leave me alone..lol

Quick Reply: So I Finally Pulled The Trans Am Out Of Storage, And.........