Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

lets talk car insurance

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default lets talk car insurance

Getting another vehicle soon, currently have statefarm. Was paying $140/mo full coverage with a clean record. Wondering if anyone has switched from statefarm to someone else recently for better rates? figured i'd throw it out there before I filed out 50920483 request for quote forms.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly man I had state farm and I have a horrible recored was paying little over 200. I switched to progressive and now have a dd celica and I only pay 218 for both. Keep in mind my driving record is horrible. BUT my gf just changed to with full coverage on her 08 colbalt she did pay 140 now only pays 98 for full coverage same coverage she had through her old company. So my vote go to progressive and get a quote online
Old 06-09-2010, 04:21 PM
Launching!

My vote also goes to progressive!!! They have been an awesome company and there \rates are very respectable even if you don't have the cleanest record!

Vince
Old 06-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Staging Lane

I didn't have the best record and i went to a ton of well known insurance agents state farm was expensive, the cheapest places I found were Progressive and American Family, I would recomend American Family because if you do get into a accident they will use genuine parts were progressive jus try's to bondo it... (Learned from experience, hit other didn't have insurance so i had to use mine and one was a hit and run)
Old 06-09-2010, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

here is the voice from a real tech that deals with, statefarm, progressive, travlers, gieco, esurance, allstate, chubb, egale man, lincoln, you name it i have worked on it

now all your low ball companies like chubb, egale man, lincoln, all have labor rates at 20-22 a hour, frame is 46 , mechanicall is 56 and use nothing but jap crap parts not even keystone parts, junk yard parts are fine no problem, but the cheap companies dont really pay us to fix dents and or rust on junk yard parts vesus`s statefarm perse

cheap company will write the LOWEST estiamte and we see and know the car is fucked!!! to them they say nnaahhhhhh we will give you 2.0 to fix that rail, vesus statefarm says nope either replace it section it or total the car

cheap company doesnt pay enough or wont pay for wet sand and buff so you get your car back with dirt, overspray, sucks?? yes i know but we have to to what insurance company tells us

now the big name companies..........
Old 06-09-2010, 09:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

statefarm is hands down one of the best biggest highest paying company out there bar none!!! full labor rates, only keystone parts which are capa certified aftermarket parts, only the cleanest junk yard parts are to be used, nothing fits, go OEM

have a problem do a supplement, no problem, but bewere statefarm does total out at 70% of the cars value, but hands down ill fix state farm cars all day long i my self have state farm and only pay 170 a month in a bad area, fiance pays 60

allstate sucks!!! they pay well but they want to fix everything, they use oem and good junkyard parts and keystone parts, but they wont pay the labor hours to fix the ******* car, trying to get more time to repair something is like trying to pull teeth from king kong

more.................
Old 06-09-2010, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

farmers.................**** YOU FARMERS INSURANCE!!!! they dont pay for anything, they would rather repair something then replace when lets say a rear body panle is fucked beyond repair, farmers wants to fix it, and only give us 5.0 hours to do so
**** YOU!!! i had one adjustor who refused to pay for wet sand and buff, me and the owner argued with this guy and had no choice but to contact the customer and he payed out of pocket to buff his own car

stay away from farmers!!!!

gieco, esurance, travlers
again great companies, full labor rates, oem parts, keystone parts, junk yard parts, got a supplement, no problem approved the same or next day, never had one problem with those companies at all

so there ya have it
Old 06-10-2010, 09:59 AM
On The Tree

I had allstate, geico, and insure one. All were aholes when it came to claims from me or clients of theirs that hit me. I give them all the big stink middle finger. Allstate was the worse I had to fight with them for hours in a conference room for a clam for my wife. Penny pinching motherfers with no remorse for anybody.

Allstate told one shop after my car getting repaired to not fix the chips in my door caused by the accident just to paint over them. To replace the fender emblems with the old ones even though they were cracked from the accident. Also as stated above no time or expsence for clean up, buff or to remove overspray.

I have statefarm now and pay $320 a month for full coverage on a WS6, liability on a 99 jeep grand cherokee and 96 chevy blazer, Full on a 06 buick rendevous (lease up so it coming off), life insurance for me and my son, and full house insurance. Allstate wanted $520, progressive wanted $600, gieco wanted $575.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 AM

$70 a month for full coverage on a 04 civic ex coupe with progressive. 23 yrs old. underage Dui almost 3 years ago
Old 06-10-2010, 11:04 AM

you might look @ shelter insurance...not as big of a name, but they are cheap (i paid $700 every 6 months for full coverage on my GTO and my Suburban together), and they replace/fix based on the body-shops recommendations...their adjuster came out to the actual body shop and took pics, talked with the body guy, and paid for the entire fix on my suburban, which was a pricey job...just an idea, i won't go anywhere else...
Old 06-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Teching In

i'd also go with progressive..who knows if they'll pay out but i last payed $650 for 6 months full coverage $500 deductible with a low injury/property liability on 96 z28 and 02 ws6 and another 250 liability coverage for a year on my 05 cbr1000rr which i cancel through the winter...so less than $1500 a year on two sports cars and a bike, i can't complain
Old 06-10-2010, 04:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by yak
Getting another vehicle soon, currently have statefarm. Was paying $140/mo full coverage with a clean record. Wondering if anyone has switched from statefarm to someone else recently for better rates? figured i'd throw it out there before I filed out 50920483 request for quote forms.

Thanks guys.
You might want to consider collector car insurance. It is an alternative and can be cheaper.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

PM SENT I am an insurance agent in Illinois, send me an email and I will give you a quote. I need VIN numbers for each car, your date of birth, full name, and address. You'll have a quote back within 15 minutes of me getting in the office tomorrow!
Old 06-11-2010, 11:39 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

thanks guys there's some good info in here,

bdyman, thanks for pointing out some stuff most people don't know about
Old 06-11-2010, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im 27 y/o single father, I was with progressive paying around 120 for full coverage. switched to state farm and they got me down to 65 a mth no joke! 0 tickets on my record, single parent discount. also get multi car discount. 65 full for the z, 80 full for the dakota, 20 liability for the lumina, 15 for condo insurance and 50 for life insurance...cant beat it! 314-894-1200, Mark Tiptons office, give them a buzz and let them know i sent ya!
Old 06-16-2010, 11:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have SF.... Full cov on a 99TA $50 Mo
Old 06-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Teching In

well I am with progressive and i pay74 bucks a month for full coverage on my 94 formula and liability on my 79 f-250 and on my 82 caprice
Old 06-18-2010, 08:36 AM
12 Second Club

140 bucks a month/21 years old/clean record
Full coverage trans am. liability 96 z24 /liability 83 318 dodge pickup

allstate
Old 06-21-2010, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

All this talk about how much it costs for insurance and not enough about what happens when you need to make a claim. I have been with State Farm for almost 20 years, 42 years old & a clean record. I have three cars including the one in my signature. About two and a 1/2 years ago I was parked in a parking lot when someone backed into me. I ended up hurting my shoulder and having to go to physical therapy for several months. The doctor said I screwed up my shoulder and needed to not lift anything and take it easy. Well, I contacted my insurance to request some help. Basically, they came back at me at told me to bite the big one. A claim that could have cost them a max of about $15,000 has now been going on for 2 1/2 years.

I am going to drop State Farm as soon as this is all done. I really like my agent but they don't make the call on this stuff. It is the adjuster.

So, let's see... I have been with them for 20 years + my home owners insurance. This has averaged about $3,000 a year X 20 years = $60,000. So, for about a $15,000 claim they will throw away a client that has been with them, and would have been with them going forward. In addition, they will be losing three family members accounts + a couple of my friends that use them.

Stupid!!!

Quick Reply: lets talk car insurance