IL Titling Question - LS1TECH

Go Back   LS1TECH > REGIONAL FORUMS > Midwestern Members

Midwestern Members

IL Titling Question

Old 07-28-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
Staging Lane
Trader Rating: 4
Default IL Titling Question

I recently purchased an old motorcycle that I am restoring. I recieved a bill of sale from the previous owner. Does anyone know how I go about getting a proper title in my name for it?
98 Z A4
More problems than solutions.
Eighty7camarokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:44 PM   #2
TECH Enthusiast
Trader Rating: 71

If it's anything like the boat I just bought, you need to get a power of attorney form and have the previous owner sign it. I got mine from the local fast license place. Give your local place a call...they can tell you for sure.
Harley-Davidson88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
On The Tree
Trader Rating: 24
Send a message via MSN to TransAmatt99

I doubt you will ever get a title or be able to liscence it. I did the same thing and when you call the state to find out who holds the title they will not tell you anything because of privacy laws. My suggestion would be to find a cop thats a friend and have him run the VIN and it will show the registered owner. Just dont tell anybody how you found out.
1999 HOSS M6, white leather, 408 stroker, RMCR Vortech V7 YSI S/C kit with 81/28t cog drive, Wetzel performance custom FM A2W, Comp custom cam, trick flow 245 heads, Glasstek 4" cowl hood, Kooks headers & ORY, magnaflow, TTII 17x9/11 black centers with Hoosier DR's, pro-5.0, ford 9", UMI suspension, SD tune by Brian @ Dynotune Motorsports: 953rwhp on 100LL
09 gt 500/01 silverado stock/77 ram runs on LPG/2012 Sierra 2500 CCSB runs on LPG
TransAmatt99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:32 PM   #4
On The Tree
Trader Rating: 5

It can be done. My friend bought a car in rhode island with no title and drove it back to IL he was able to get a title. Long story short it can be done but it takes a long time to do. The state will make sure it isn't stolen, and you have to pay a fee.
75tonyA is offline   Reply With Quote