Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Going to work in Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Red
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to work in Illinois

I have a question for anyone living in Illinois-what are the laws about having or carrying a hand gun???

Thanks,
SR
Old 10-24-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

You can have but if carrying it needs to be locked up and ammo can not be in the same compartment. NO type of conseled carry in Illinois
Old 10-24-2011, 10:44 PM
wrencher

Welcome to the only state that bans CC.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:19 AM
TECH Resident

^Lololol yup what a grand state we live in. Ban CC and get our asses gaped open by these crooked politicians and taxes.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope you have a really good reason to come to the shithole also known as illinois. We'll tax you to death, our weather sucks, and we don't offer concealed carry. Keep your guns at home, the thugs are the only ones who carry in illinois.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why would you need to carry a gun anyways?? Like the posting above says...only the criminals carry guns.....and that is to defend themselfs from the OTHER criminals lol.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:32 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

This state is really screwed up bad right now.
If you're coming, you better know what you're in for.
POS thieves every where, including many many many many of the politicians.
Weather does suck, roads suck, lazy frigging ******** throw there garbage every where.

Oh yea, welcome to ILL.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:44 AM
On The Tree

I lived there for a while looking for work. I enjoyed the laid back small towns, but there are definitely some glaring issues in IL. The CC ban is just plain stupid. When you outlaw guns only outlaws will have them.

If you're into guns, PA is the place to be. There isn't much we can't have or carry. The only problem is every state surrounding PA has rediculous restrictions and will not recognize a PA CCP. So you can have your toys but you can't take them with you if you are heading out of state.

Oh, and the IL weather is pretty harsh. But it is in many other states as well. The IL politics is what will ultimately destroy the state.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

It's called pistol in the center console and clip in the glove box. That is how you have to do it in IL. Laws state, from what I have learned, that gun needs to be in a case and ammo separate.... clip can be loaded but can not be in the same case as the gun if it is loaded. I'll be moving back in a week or so to manage a farm and am not looking forward to the IL gun laws again.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:34 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

I thought they could not be in the same compartment.
Like ammo in the trunk, gun in the console or glove box.
I was told never both inside the car?? Even if in 2 different spots, like console & glove box??

Old 10-25-2011, 01:20 PM
TECH Resident

Just ride dirty...
Old 10-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Red
Staging Lane

THANKS!!! for the reply guys-hoping to stay out side of CHI-town maybe towards the southern end of the state. WOW!! the guns laws seem a little crazy up there. With all the that hunters I figure ya'll had the same gun laws as we do here in NC.

We are doing the Sprint Samsung cell sites up there,testing Sprint's new equipment. I'm thinking I'll be in market for the winter too-I have not seen/felt a Northern snow storm sounds like I need to dress accordingly.

Thanks again guys,
SR
Old 10-25-2011, 07:29 PM
Teching In

southern part of the state is so much better than up north. weather isnt nearly as bad as the north and roads are a bit better. the people in the southern part wish chicago would go to wisconsin or somewhere else, screws everything up for us. lol.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

You can have the ammo and gun in the same compartment, you just can't have the ammo IN the gun. It was ruled not long ago that a console or glove compartment IS CONSIDERED a case. So you can have both in there just don't have a round chambered or the mag in the gun and your fine.

This state is a **** hole and I would love to leave if I didn't already have an established business. The politicians and unions around here are completely fucked in the head.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:11 PM
On The Tree

^^^Exactly what he said... that's what I meant if I was confusing on my reply. I'll be living in central IL (Springfield area) and weather can be bad there too in the winter. Not so much snow but ice and lots of wind in the country due to the fact Illinois is so flat, besides southern parts, and not many trees in my area to kill the wind down. Also IL does not allow rifles for deer hunting...they say it is too flat with not enough trees to slow down the bullets.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Banned

Wonder when il will have cc law?
Old 10-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Red
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BrntWS6
You can have the ammo and gun in the same compartment, you just can't have the ammo IN the gun. It was ruled not long ago that a console or glove compartment IS CONSIDERED a case. So you can have both in there just don't have a round chambered or the mag in the gun and your fine.

This state is a **** hole and I would love to leave if I didn't already have an established business. The politicians and unions around here are completely fucked in the head.
Now, that's good information right there, feel better w/ gun & ammo. near each other. I've driven through Illinois but never stayed for a long period of time, the state did not look too s*&^@--- now the Union's do suck ***.

NC is not too far way from ya'll w/ the politicians, we have that damn GOOD Ol' BOY system down here.

SR
Old 10-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Red
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by carguy_24
^^^Exactly what he said... that's what I meant if I was confusing on my reply. I'll be living in central IL (Springfield area) and weather can be bad there too in the winter. Not so much snow but ice and lots of wind in the country due to the fact Illinois is so flat, besides southern parts, and not many trees in my area to kill the wind down. Also IL does not allow rifles for deer hunting...they say it is too flat with not enough trees to slow down the bullets.
I have not seen flat land before until last year when I went to ND & SD (landscape was a trip) compared to NC!!

If Illinois is like ND/SD (windy)-how do you people not go CRAZY with the WIND blowing ALL the TIME...lol I took a **** at a cell site and my stream stretched 30 feet long.lol

SR
Old 10-26-2011, 12:47 AM
wrencher

Forgot to mention if you have guns in this state you also have to have a FOID card.
(firearms owners identification card)
You have to pay the state police for the card or be arrested if caught in some firearms violation.
Yes this state sux ***....
http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/
http://www.isp.state.il.us/foid/foidapp.cfm
But it's good for 10 years
Old 10-26-2011, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Red
I have not seen flat land before until last year when I went to ND & SD (landscape was a trip) compared to NC!!

If Illinois is like ND/SD (windy)-how do you people not go CRAZY with the WIND blowing ALL the TIME...lol I took a **** at a cell site and my stream stretched 30 feet long.lol

SR
Wind does suck since it seems to never stop....the couple times it stopped by my parents' house this year were a couple summer days when it was 100 degrees outside and you wanted some wind. Lol. Most the time it isn't gusting winds but Chicago gets good wind with it having the lake just to the east and wind having to go around all the tall buildings.