Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Custom Exhaust shops near Louisville KY

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Custom Exhaust shops near Louisville KY

I'm looking for a good custom exhaust shop that knows about fabbing true dual exhaust for F-bodies near Lousiville KY. Just using Yellow Pages and calling exhaust shops they all sound dumb-founded on the phone and it seems like people only know how to replace muffler's and catalytic converters... Want to slap some True Duals on my f-body when I come home in January, already have the headers sitting in basement.

Also, does anyone have problems with under the axle exhaust? Seems a bit scepticle for me. But I don't think there is any other way to run true duals without relocating the PH.
Old 11-09-2011, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6_Veteran
I'm looking for a good custom exhaust shop that knows about fabbing true dual exhaust for F-bodies near Lousiville KY. Just using Yellow Pages and calling exhaust shops they all sound dumb-founded on the phone and it seems like people only know how to replace muffler's and catalytic converters... Want to slap some True Duals on my f-body when I come home in January, already have the headers sitting in basement.

Also, does anyone have problems with under the axle exhaust? Seems a bit scepticle for me. But I don't think there is any other way to run true duals without relocating the PH.
ditto that! i cant seem to find anyone either, in or near louisville
Old 11-10-2011, 10:53 AM
On The Tree

I found Bluegrass Muffler, their website says they do custom fabrication exhaust. So I asked him if he has ever done any firebirds/camaro's late style true duals from the headers back.

His response was "Yeah, tight fit, not a fun job." Then he continued to try and talk me out of it and saying that it wouldnt create enough of a scavenging effect because the pipes wouldn't be hot enough. I think he's full of **** and doesn't want the job, because they have put plenty of duals on other cars straight out of the factory.

But, I wouldn't mind going with a custom fabbed 3'' y pipe running into a 3.5 or 4 inch. I just would imagine this setup would cost as much as just running true duals. But he wouldn't give me a rough estimate over the phone.
Old 11-12-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by WS6_Veteran
I found Bluegrass Muffler, their website says they do custom fabrication exhaust. So I asked him if he has ever done any firebirds/camaro's late style true duals from the headers back.

His response was "Yeah, tight fit, not a fun job." Then he continued to try and talk me out of it and saying that it wouldnt create enough of a scavenging effect because the pipes wouldn't be hot enough. I think he's full of **** and doesn't want the job, because they have put plenty of duals on other cars straight out of the factory.

But, I wouldn't mind going with a custom fabbed 3'' y pipe running into a 3.5 or 4 inch. I just would imagine this setup would cost as much as just running true duals. But he wouldn't give me a rough estimate over the phone.
a TD setup would be nice, but a custom y with flowmaster merge sounds nice as well, not sure on cost either. It kills me how ppl say it cant be done or causes issues when there are plenty of guys on this site that have them and have no issues. If i come up with someone that does it, i will reply back to this thread
Old 11-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Launching!

Received 41 Likes on 22 Posts

Fast Track Performance.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Have you tried Grimes Garage, 502 773 6777. My cousin owns the place.

Last edited by HUMBLER; 11-14-2011 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2011, 09:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sw07gt
Fast Track Performance.
dang their right down the street from me and i will check them out. nice website as well. thanks

Quick Reply: Custom Exhaust shops near Louisville KY