Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

where are all the oklahoma guys?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 04:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would like either set of wheels, to bad its only 2 zr1's and even still dont have the money... fml. but stillslow you military?
Old 05-29-2012, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also like those wheels! But my cash is tied up in transmission rebuilds and an 8.8 swap project. I may be looking for a fast f-body to test my new rear ends, but it will be another few weeks before I'm done with it. Especially since transmission issues have come up.
And, if you are military, and stationed in the Lawton "red dust bowl", I'm sorry bout your luck!
Old 05-29-2012, 06:32 PM
12 Second Club

Yea my money is tied up in a kid lol... and I use to go to drill at ft. sill before I got out of the reserves. what are you doing to your tranny in the rebuild?
Old 05-29-2012, 07:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Every thing! 3-4 is about gone, converter takes for ever to lock up in 4, so right now I'm sitting in a parking lot waiting on a craigslist add to show up with an almost complete kit, minus pump and (5 gear planetary set) So I can rebuild. My 8.8 project is coming along nicely. I just left the machine shop that will make my sleeves to adapt my factory tubes to the 8.8 housing cheep!
I should have plenty of time after school and after work to get everything done lol. My son has football camps all Summer long and not one is payed for by the damn school.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

Well hell yea, sounds like you have a pretty good plan. Hope it all goes smooth
Old 05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just saw this, i'm a fellow okie too.
Old 05-31-2012, 02:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Good to meet you!
Old 05-31-2012, 04:39 PM
12 Second Club

Likewise, I agree at some point we should try to have a LS1tech Tulsa area meet. Hell even if there is only a dozen of us. The scene has really fallen off around here over recent years.

You'll know me if you see me, I'm probably the only NBM WS6 in town with all the clear coat peeled off my hood & VHT'd tails. And I have a Lion's Den martial arts sticker on my back window as thats the gym I train out of.
Old 05-31-2012, 08:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Have you checked out tulsastreetcars.com? Its a pretty cool web site for ALL us Okies. Not just Tulsa residents. There is a few of us on there.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah and they have meets every week on Thursdays in Owasso, I think. Or they may have moved them, but I know it's each week.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

The meets have been moved to Tulsa race way park on Thursday night
Old 06-01-2012, 07:38 AM
12 Second Club

Glad to meet you big mike. And I swear one of these days im gunna make it to one of those meets
Old 06-01-2012, 08:58 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by squirlNUTZ
Have you checked out tulsastreetcars.com? Its a pretty cool web site for ALL us Okies. Not just Tulsa residents. There is a few of us on there.
nope, been outta the loop for so long I didnt know there was another local site besides Humble. And I havent logged in there in a long time. Once my modding started to slow down & TFCC disbanded I dropped outta the loop & started to focus more on training.

I'll go check that site out.

Originally Posted by kyoytey1693
Yeah and they have meets every week on Thursdays in Owasso, I think. Or they may have moved them, but I know it's each week.
Damn, wish I had known that. Owasso is a short drive for me being in Skiatook.

Like inside the track gates for TNT or something? Is that the only place they still meet or do they still do it in Owasso too? I dont plan on running my car again till after my auto swap this winter so I'd rather not have to pay to get in just to BS, LOL.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:41 PM
Staging Lane

I've been making a few passes down Memorial (Tulsa) lately on Fri/Sat nights just to see who is out.. actually found a few worth talking to at Sonic last friday before it started raining.. I think they just wanted to check out what was making all the racket under the hood of the Monte, though..

I'm an old fart out there but I still enjoy it every once in awhile when there are some nice cars out and not a ton of idiots in their mom's honda...
Old 06-04-2012, 04:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I haven't been down memorial in a while. Too afraid of some jackass doing a hit run or some stupid **** on my car. We know insurance wont pay what its worth to fix it.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Maybe this weekend we could all meet some place?? Memorial or trp or some place. It would be cool.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Introducing myself! I'm down in Lawton. I'm getting back into an LS car this week. Camaro this time. I'm buying the 99 turbo SS that is in the classified section. I've seen a few decent looking cars around town, but I haven't really talked to anyone since I've been out of the scene for a little bit. I'm sure that'll change soon with the attention that I'm sure this beast will bring.
Old 06-05-2012, 08:43 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 85mcss
I've been making a few passes down Memorial (Tulsa) lately on Fri/Sat nights just to see who is out.. actually found a few worth talking to at Sonic last friday before it started raining.. I think they just wanted to check out what was making all the racket under the hood of the Monte, though..

I'm an old fart out there but I still enjoy it every once in awhile when there are some nice cars out and not a ton of idiots in their mom's honda...
LOL, creepin in the Monte huh. Dont pick on those poor kids, they aren't ready for the Monte, LOL.

I havent hit Memorial since I moved out of Tulsa to Skiatook. Had many of late nights out there back in the day though. I just cant stand the no driving kids, I'd go to jail if some jackass hit me goofin off on Memorial.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Quote de kyoytey1693
Damn, wish I had known that. Owasso is a short drive for me being in Skiatook.

Quote de squirlNUTZ
Like inside the track gates for TNT or something? Is that the only place they still meet or do they still do it in Owasso too? I dont plan on running my car again till after my auto swap this winter so I'd rather not have to pay to get in just to BS, LOL.
It's free to get in for the meets. No charge. We just can't use the track.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:52 PM
12 Second Club

It's free to get in for the meets. No charge. We just can't use the track.
Wow, I'm suprised they are letting that happen. Is it in a certain area everyone parks? Cant believe they waived the spectator fee too. I might be out next weekend to the Midnights, my wifes dad works for Dino's & will be handing out flyers. They are now carrying Goodyear slicks & drag radials so he is tryin to drum up some business. I probably wont be in my car though, paint is so ruff its nothing to look at, LOL.

Quick Reply: where are all the oklahoma guys?