Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Chicago People or anyone within 100miles take a look! Chassis Seminar

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Default Chicago People or anyone within 100miles take a look! Chassis Seminar

http://www.davemorganseminars.com/seminars.asp

That link above is for Dave Morgan seminars. I attended a 2-day seminar/workshop 2 weeks ago in Buffalo.

MONEY WELL SPENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys have a few days left to register. Dave knows his s**t! The second day has a lot of time for one-on-one questions about your own particular car. He is a total straight shooter and will tell you if a shock is junk or if it's good. It deals primarily with 4-link and ladder bar rear suspension setups but our torque arm cars have similar properties. Other stuff that he will teach you:

1. How to properly read a tire and adjusting air pressure accordingly
2. How to get the chassis squared
3. Finding any pre-load or bind in the suspension
4. rollcage design
5. firewall design
6. how to diagnose the "unloading" of the rear
7. how to properly attach wheel screws
8. what to do when you dead hook but then suddenly spin
9. how to properly spec the correct weight springs for your car
10. the effects of moving the instant center and how to do it
11. how moving the instant center in relation to the CG (center of gravity) has an effect
12. how to change the oil in your shocks
13. how to properly load your car on the trailer
14. the basic math involved to see how much load is placed on the suspension mounting points

There is a ton more information that he covers. I asked him point blank who makes the best shock absorbers out there and he went down the list giving pros and cons. You'd be surprised at what he says. On sunday I asked him a lot of stuff about torque arm suspensions and my own particular car. He told me exactly how much spring pre-load that he'd like to see in my front shocks to have "stored energy". He also gave me 3 contacts of his within certain companies that will get you the exact stuff you need, with the exact valving you need.

Here's a thread from the Buffalo show, read what some of the outsiders had to say:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=435166