Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

OHIO turbo 5.3l need good tuner( stock bottom end)columbus

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OHIO turbo 5.3l need good tuner( stock bottom end)columbus

i am trying to purchess a car on here for sale ( it has a turbo 5.3l lm7) but he is currently running 91 octain and since i can easily pick up 93 oct around here i figured ide just use 93 and then get the tune dialed in and possably get a second tune for e85( like a switch to swap tunes). i live in columbus and i was hoping i could get a few names of people who are around the columbus area who i can trust tuning the car and doing it right( lm7 hate spark knock) and i dont want a blown motor due to a crappy tune. so if anyone on here has any advice who to goto or who to stay away from i would much appriciate it. i rilly dont want this turning into a "this shops great" < nah they suck they blew my motor thread but if something did happen tell me so i can stay away from that shop... rilly i know a couple tuners around here and all seem to have people who like them and people who say they are the worst out there so please i need some help lol.

Thanks alot Nick

Btw i dont have the car yet but if all pans out i will be geting withen the next 2weeks or so.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not sure how far you are from KY but Anthony at FastrackPerformance in Louisville is a great tuner. He specializes in custom turbo fabrication for Fbody, Vettes, Mustangs, Vipers, etc. He almost had the 5.3l stock shortblock record. Almost 30lbs of boost on a stock block! If he wasn't good at tuning, I don't think he could have done that, lol. My car runs and drives great on E85. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you his number.

Last edited by SStolen; 04-02-2012 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nicksevo
i am trying to purchess a car on here for sale ( it has a turbo 5.3l lm7) but he is currently running 91 octain and since i can easily pick up 93 oct around here i figured ide just use 93 and then get the tune dialed in and possably get a second tune for e85( like a switch to swap tunes). i live in columbus and i was hoping i could get a few names of people who are around the columbus area who i can trust tuning the car and doing it right( lm7 hate spark knock) and i dont want a blown motor due to a crappy tune. so if anyone on here has any advice who to goto or who to stay away from i would much appriciate it. i rilly dont want this turning into a "this shops great" < nah they suck they blew my motor thread but if something did happen tell me so i can stay away from that shop... rilly i know a couple tuners around here and all seem to have people who like them and people who say they are the worst out there so please i need some help lol.

Thanks alot Nick

Btw i dont have the car yet but if all pans out i will be geting withen the next 2weeks or so.
IPS Motorsports or Dynotune, best I'm aware of in the general Columbus area.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 PM
Teching In

Dyno Tune Motorsports, Brian is the man when i comes to tuning. Check out his website and give him a call.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

dynotune
Old 04-06-2012, 09:22 AM
On The Tree

Dyno tune for sure A+ work and customer service!
Old 04-15-2012, 01:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dynotune. Only way to go.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Brian at Dynotune is the man!

Quick Reply: OHIO turbo 5.3l need good tuner( stock bottom end)columbus