Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Baker Engineering feedback

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 06:48 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Baker Engineering feedback

Anyone have any experiences with Baker Engineering in Michigan that they would be willing to share with me? More specifically tuning experiences? Thank you.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MI-Z/28
Anyone have any experiences with Baker Engineering in Michigan that they would be willing to share with me? More specifically tuning experiences? Thank you.
I have used them as have many of my friends.. TJ knows what he is doing. He has plenty of experience. I had a nitrous tune done on mine, car has never ran better, both on and off the bottle.. Had a lot of idle issues from previous tuner, TJ hooked it right up.

Last edited by OIF1VET; 03-07-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've heard good things about him too. I was thinking of heading that direction this summer.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the feedback OIF1VET. I will be visiting Baker in April once my car is out of storage. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 03-10-2012, 12:27 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MI-Z/28
Thanks for the feedback OIF1VET. I will be visiting Baker in April once my car is out of storage. I'll let you guys know how it goes.
No problem, call or email TJ.. Good people over there..
Old 03-10-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by OIF1VET
No problem, call or email TJ.. Good people over there..
How Good? Is it worth a 10 hour drive?
Old 03-10-2012, 09:19 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Damn willing to go 10hrs?

Have you considered Straightline in new Lenox Illinois?

That's all Mike does over there is tune Ls's lol
Old 03-11-2012, 09:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by litle88
Damn willing to go 10hrs?

Have you considered Straightline in new Lenox Illinois?

That's all Mike does over there is tune Ls's lol
I'm just looking for someone that does a good job. I've had a lot of tuning done via email and now it's there's too many mods going on for email tuning.
I have no clue who to go to or trust. Chicago would be closer for sure!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Didn't notice you were in Iowa.. That would be a long haul for sure... Seems like there should be some very good tuners in the chi-town area....
Old 05-10-2012, 05:27 PM
On The Tree

T J is a nice guy but my car has been up there for a month and a half now... i was told by him to bring it up on a wed. i took it up there and it took him till the following friday to look at it...( why tell me to bring it up there so early if you cant look at it for over a week) But alright whatever people get busy so after he tears it apart looking for a tick in the head he tells me that the lifters were fine and that he thinks that there is a problem with the # 6 cylinder thinking the oil rings on the piston are bad because there is oil in the top of the cylinder...

i asked him to put it back together i didnt wanna spend the money on the car and i was gonna sell it as a car with a questionable engine instead of dumping 6k into a car that is worth 6500.... well it takes him another week and a half to get around to start putting it together and then he calls me and says oh hey guess what we found the problem you have a bent exhaust valve (seems like they woulda seen it when they pulled the heads off of it) im not sure why they didnt notice it it would seem like you would inspect the parts a week and a half ago when you took them off and not when you are gonna put them back on..

So i give him the go ahead lets get it revalved with good parts and port the heads and get it back together that was two weeks ago and the car still isnt back together all the way i am having him put a converter in it and he had to wait for the throttle body to get there because i had the wrong one he got the t/b on tuesday and it is now thursday and its still not on when i was told that the whole car was put together except the t/b im not a genius but i turn a little bit of wrenches but a t/b taking 3 days to put on????? never heard of in my book...

he has a very good rep and im sure his work is gonna be great but i have only recieved one call from t j in a month and a half so if you take anything to him dont expect to get very many updates he probably wont call i still dont know what is going on with my car i was told last week it would be done by friday and that is tomorrow and have heard no word if it is done or even running for that matter.... i live about 2 hours from him and to get out of work and everything is a pain i need a couple days notice to let the boss know i need out early and he wont give me a time frame what so ever so if he calls me tomorrow and says it is done i have to wait until tuesday so my boss can get a fill in for me

I am just looking forward to getting my car back and it is a little frustrating t j is a good guy and i know the car will comeback in good shape i just wish that when you have an appointment and the parts are there for your car and you get a time frame that they can come somewhat close to getting it done ontime

Quick Reply: Baker Engineering feedback