Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Good Body Shop Near Louisville KY?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Good Body Shop Near Louisville KY?

Has anyone near Louisville, KY had one of these 6LE Designs T-top roof panels put on? Apparently these roofs need significant prep work before being installed and I need competent shop to do it. I had to figure this out the hard way. I was having it put on at a local shop and they went ahead and primed/painted it without any prep and it looks like ****! All kinds of flaws. 6LE does say this on their site so I can't really blame them. I should've paid more attention and made sure the body shop had this info. I guess I figured any professional body shop would know how to handle these types of parts. Luckily the shop is not charging me for their work, but they don't want to mess with it now.

the part
http://6litereaterdesigns.com/store/...roducts_id=241
Old 07-26-2012, 03:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HUNT AND KNIGHT Corvette Restorations in Louisville. The number is 502-514-4594.....I had them restore my 1970 Caprice Classic. Just remember, you get what you pay for.....these guys do the best work i've seen.....
Old 07-26-2012, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

We can do it. Ive got a paint thread in the autobody section if you want to see our work. PM if interested
Old 08-13-2012, 05:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have it at Hunt and Knight right now. I went to pick it up today and soon as I walked up on the car I felt tightness in my chest. They put the roof on crooked! And the little triangles next to the windows were not flush with the body. He said he would knock a couple hundred off if I would take it as is, but I sad no. They're gonna have to try to remove it and adjust or buy a new one and redo the whole process.

Hey BLK95-Z, have you had any problems getting this roof on and looking exactly like stock?

Quick Reply: Good Body Shop Near Louisville KY?