Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

just moved to dover oh for a year. what meeting/racing spots near nearby?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 08:39 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just moved to dover oh for a year. what meeting/racing spots near nearby?

Just looking for the hang out spots near Cleveland/akron/Columbus? Bored and cold, bringing up the G8 or Z06 in the spring seeing if its even worth bring up or staying with my 4wd diesel. Lmk thanks
Old 03-04-2014, 06:44 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

Welcome to Ohio !

https://ls1tech.com/forums/groups/ohio-lsx.html

Things are kinda dead right now because of the season,will pick up come warmer weather. Ohio is great for daily cruise-ins and events. Stay tuned.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

I live in New Philadelphia which is the neighboring town. Not many hang out spot here. I assume you are here for the gas/oil business?
Old 03-04-2014, 09:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by rickyzZ28
I live in New Philadelphia which is the neighboring town. Not many hang out spot here. I assume you are here for the gas/oil business?
Yup, i was staying at the knights inn in new philadelphia actually. Im in the energy industry lol. Just trying to see if its even worth bringing the fun cars up here when the weather permits.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fast02Z06
Yup, i was staying at the knights inn in new philadelphia actually. Im in the energy industry lol. Just trying to see if its even worth bringing the fun cars up here when the weather permits.
I would bring one up. I don't know if storage is an issue for you or not but we do have some fun places to go within a few hours drive. There is Nelson Ledges which is a road race course or Norwalk Raceway park for drag racing. Also we are not that far from Columbus and National Trail Raceway. I don't know what you like to do with your cars, but I am sure you could find something fun to do. Hot Rod Power Tour is supposedly coming somewhere near New Philadelphia on its way to Norwalk from what people have been saying.
Old 03-06-2014, 06:42 PM
Teching In

I know there is a pretty decent car scene in canton. You won't be too far from there. Quaker raceway in salem won't be too bad of a drive if you're looking to hit the drag strip. If you're into road racing, mid ohio isn't too far from you either.
Old 03-08-2014, 10:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 148 Likes on 134 Posts

The Ames Performance Pontiac Nationals is the first weekend in August in Norwalk. They have a huge car show and drag racing event just for Pontiacs. Normally about 1000 cars show up for both events. I love it.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

yeah dover is kind of a weird spot but you can find some things to get into around the akron/canton area. There is usually a cleveland vs columbus thing at some point during the year so you could pick a side there. We get a decent amount of people who travel up to cleveland from akron for some late night shenanigans.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

to OP,did you get pics I e-mailed you ?
Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Dover is a booming town! Well not really... but it does have it's own Dyno shop. Like Ricky said, there is some things to do such as Nelson Ledges road course and some drag strips. I highly recommend the road course, it is a blast and a fast track.
Plus, the hot rod power tour is coming near by in June, which Ricky and I will both be driving on.

Quick Reply: just moved to dover oh for a year. what meeting/racing spots near nearby?