Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Moving to Columbus Ohio in 3 weeks...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 11:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Moving to Columbus Ohio in 3 weeks...

How's the car scene out there? Moving from Colorado and wanting to se how things are. I've got a pretty decent built 99 M6 Trans Am. Looking forward to meeting some new people.
Old 09-04-2014, 08:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Columbus is a really great place. Car scene is really good, you've got some tracks that are reasonably close.

Hop on columbusracing.com and throw your name out there.

Aside from the car stuff, downtown cbus has plenty to keep you busy. The short north and german village are my favorites simply based on the food options. I graduated from ohio state last year so i still like to venture back to campus for game days. A lot of festivals and concerts going on around the city too. TONS of bars, you're bound to find one that fits your mood

Clearly I miss it haha. What is taking you there?
Old 09-04-2014, 02:15 PM
11 Second Club

I've visited a lot before, my in laws live there. I like it a lot considering I've only been there a handful of times. We will be living in the Dublin/Muirfield area. So gonna move back for her and her family which is cool with me. Midwest people seem a lot nicer than the people here in colorado.

I'm excited about Norwalk, bandimere is just too high in elevation and I'm tired of losing a ton of power because of the altitude. N/a I will make close to 140whp more so I'm very excited for that.

Where do most of the car people hang out? I know it's a big city, and I'm used to the small city, but figured I'd ask.

You still living in ohio?
Old 09-05-2014, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 74 Likes on 40 Posts

Oh nice! Norwalk is beautiful for a track, just wait for dragway 42 to reopen, it should split the crowds and make getting runs in easier.

Usually a pretty solid showing here, its near the ohio stadium.

http://columbuscarsandcoffee.net/

I live in Michigan now for work. I'm back in Ohio a ton though. I'll be in cbus a lot for the OSU games but i wont be in TA since i usually drink all weekend haha
Old 09-05-2014, 07:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

Ohio LSX typically has a few gatherings(cars come from statewide) at a dyno on the west side of C-bus just off I-270.
There is a social group(Ohio lsx) here on the site,although they haven't had much activity,I think they use a facebook now.
Old 09-05-2014, 01:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ryans99ls1
Oh nice! Norwalk is beautiful for a track, just wait for dragway 42 to reopen, it should split the crowds and make getting runs in easier.

Usually a pretty solid showing here, its near the ohio stadium.

http://columbuscarsandcoffee.net/

I live in Michigan now for work. I'm back in Ohio a ton though. I'll be in cbus a lot for the OSU games but i wont be in TA since i usually drink all weekend haha
I have some inlaws that live in Michigan right on the border with Ohio. Ill probably be seeing you at games.

Im going to try to get to any tracks I can out there, Norwalk is just one of the most popular ones we hear about over in Colorado, sounds like a very nicve trock. One of the better ones in the country Id assume.

I also signed up on that columbusracing site, pretty cool people so far. Hope to see some other gm owners soon enough.

Originally Posted by FirstYrLS1Z
Ohio LSX typically has a few gatherings(cars come from statewide) at a dyno on the west side of C-bus just off I-270.
There is a social group(Ohio lsx) here on the site,although they haven't had much activity,I think they use a facebook now.
I cant find their facebook page for the life of me. I saw a few dyno shops on columbusracing that do meets and stuff. There's pretty much just a handful of lsx cars where I live, hoping theres more in Ohio.
Old 09-05-2014, 03:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 129 Likes on 114 Posts

here's the thread from the last one

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwester...-dyno-day.html
Old 09-17-2014, 10:18 AM
11 Second Club

I'll be there this Sunday. I'm hoping next weekend to go out and cruise with some people. Besides the coffee cruise is there any other places people meet?
Old 09-17-2014, 07:29 PM
10 Second Club

I'm a mod on Columbus Racing, and fellow f-body owner. There isn't as much night time car stuff going on lately since a couple big groups got busted, but there is autocrosses and a dozen or so drag strips around Ohio depending on what all you want to do. I'm on CR much more then I'm on here, hit me up over there, my screen name is Cordell.

Quick Reply: Moving to Columbus Ohio in 3 weeks...