Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

selling a car... need some info!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2016, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default selling a car... need some info!

didn't know really where to put this, I am a Indiana resident and I am selling my Camaro. I have somebody interested 4 hours away in the same state. he went to his bank to get a loan and they said they need a sale agreement from me faxed to them before he can get the money(bill of sale)? does this sound right? I know im not sending a title or anything over but I just didn't want to get myself in trouble by filling out a bill of sale. maybe this is normal but thought id ask first before getting in legal trouble.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some banks do require there to be a signed sale agreement prior to a loan being given. This way they have "proof" it's going towards a car that they can then use for collateral.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:50 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Signed agreement but not a bill of sale. Just that providing he brings funds you will be selling him such and such car.

Most banks have a form they can give yo to use. I just bought my car in Indiana and needed a bill of sale from dealer to take to bank for loan
Old 07-13-2016, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thanks, so now they are requesting a picture of front and back the title that sound ok too?

the person seems legit, everything checked out he has told me just checking myself.
Old 07-13-2016, 02:47 PM
On The Tree

I've never had anyone ask for that before, but I'm sure it's to have proof as to whether or not it's got a lien and make sure it's a clean title.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

When I bought my vette I had to actually have a Bill of sale before the credit union I went through would lend.

Quick Reply: selling a car... need some info!