Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Has Anyone Heard Of Lt1 Dave Or Daves Total Performance In Northeren Cincinnati?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 08:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has Anyone Heard Of Lt1 Dave Or Daves Total Performance In Northeren Cincinnati?

Hello just curious if anyone has ever heard of or have had work done by dave at daves total performance in beachmont ohio? I have been told he does good work for resonable prices?
Old 01-30-2006, 01:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dave worked on this car last spring and summer. I spent a total of about two thousand dollars and wound up with a car that is now at SRP in blue ash (pm me for their contact info) because the car didn't get fixed. He charged me for a starter that didnt seem to be replaced and my car came back scratched and with a bent antenna. Oh yeah, he never gave me a receipt either. Same yourself alot of money and heartache. Jerry
Old 01-30-2006, 01:21 AM
Restricted User

Sounds like he isnt someone you should check out, but if you cant find anyone closer to you thats a sponsor on here, Feel free to shoot me a pm and we'll do what we can to make you happy. We're about an hour south of chicago though. Thats a drive from you...
Old 01-30-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Addict

I've talked to him on the phone, and ^^ thats the first bad thing I've heard about him..He holds a record in the LT1 catagory.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Here is a post about his work http://www.z28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56955
Old 01-31-2006, 10:24 AM
On The Tree

I had also heard nothing but good about him. He did not live up to his reputation. I'm only going to tell you one more time and you can consider yourself warned... Call SRP in Blue Ash (513)489-1197 If you don't listen to me, please don't write back on here complaining about being ripped off. This board is all about us hangin together, helping eachother out and trying to save pain and money. I will never use Dave again. I think he is a thief. But that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.
SRP has a super nice and clean shop and the people who have referred them have great running cars and there's a reason for that.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 PM
On The Tree

And my Land! Did you see the posting of those ported heads 2 posts up?!! I feel sorry for the guy that blew his cash on that work. I guess he and I have something in common.... 'cept my heads don't look like my kids ported 'em while smokin crack!!!
Old 02-01-2006, 11:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man i know they didnt look all that good but its not the way they look its the way they perform
Old 02-01-2006, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

man, are they your heads and you know they perform, or are you just trying to believe the response you read in that post,(dave's response?). Anybody can make excuses, but good mechanics take pride in their work to begin with so they do nice clean, professional work that doesn't need BS to justify it's sloppiness. Do what you want. If you already were convinced Dave is so amazing you shouldn't have asked my opinion. Maybe now that he knows the word is out he'll actually care enough to do good work on your car to prove me wrong. But at this point with you defending the guy before he even rips you off, I think you might deserve what may be coming your way. I don't know maybe he just didn't like me and decided I'd be the only customer he would ever take advantage of and steal a couple thousand dollars from. What do I know?
I'm done trying to help. Good luck.
p.s. are you Dave or one of his friends or what??
Old 02-12-2006, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

My engine builder had Dave do a trans rebuild for one of his customer's cars and lets just say 3 transmissions later he finally got one that held together. Dave blamed the failures on the customer each time and each time the trans didn't even last through the test drive. The customer had to pay each time.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Teching In

Thumbs down Dave's Performance

Originally Posted by ProKill98
dave worked on this car last spring and summer. I spent a total of about two thousand dollars and wound up with a car that is now at SRP in blue ash (pm me for their contact info) because the car didn't get fixed. He charged me for a starter that didnt seem to be replaced and my car came back scratched and with a bent antenna. Oh yeah, he never gave me a receipt either. Same yourself alot of money and heartache. Jerry

** If this is the same Dave's Total Performance in Milford,Ohio I'd avoid him. I bought set of tires from and he told me that they were like new. I received them and two of the four had severe wear. One is basic junk. I tried to resolve it with him but he would not return phone calls or emails and screened his calls afterwards. I attached some pics. of what he called "like new" You be the judge and tell me if I'm wrong. Sorry. But this is not how you do business. Bob
Attached Thumbnails Has Anyone Heard Of Lt1 Dave Or Daves Total Performance In Northeren Cincinnati?-img_0101.jpg   Has Anyone Heard Of Lt1 Dave Or Daves Total Performance In Northeren Cincinnati?-img_0102.jpg   Has Anyone Heard Of Lt1 Dave Or Daves Total Performance In Northeren Cincinnati?-img_0104.jpg  

Last edited by kratekid; 10-22-2009 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-23-2009, 07:22 PM
TECH Resident

Stay away....far away.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bowtie70SS
Stay away....far away.
I just noticed this thread. Although it's an old thread, I just had to chime in with my experience. I had them work on one of my cars awhile back. The owner talks a good game--but the worksmanship at DTP was inferior to say the least! They might have built some fast cars at some point--but with my car major corners were cut by this shop. Very little pride was taken in the workmanship at DTP and I had multiple problems with the car afterwards. When I had the car checked out by another reputable shop later on, I was stunned at how many corners were cut by DTP. Avoid this shop.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

I had him do a cam swap and tune. I had a weak rearend and it blew on his test drive and he helped me out by putting in a new posi for hundred bucks. Car runs like a scalded dog. This was when he was in Milford. No problems here.
Old 05-17-2011, 10:58 AM
Teching In

I am warning you of Daves total Performance in Milford is very dishonest. I paid $1000.00 for an installed Precision torque converter and when it went bad i removed it and it was an Old TCI torque converter that he had painted pink and sent me a text picture of it to make me believe it was a Precision 4000 converter. I gave him every opportunity to make it right and he said he wouldnt. I have checked around and have heard several bad stories of the poor work that has been performed here. Be warned and check your torque converter to see if he didn't do it to you as well. Stay far away from this guy.
Old 05-23-2011, 11:05 AM
Teching In

I just had some work done on a rear end and an accessory belt replaced by DAVE'S Total Peformance, and needless to say he really tried to gouge me on the price. What happened was he smurfed up the rear-end trying to pull it and install the new gears and ended up spending way too long working on it and then said he had to charge me way more to replace the accessory belt because he had to pull the radiator out and everything else just to get to it. I went through the roof when he told me my final cost. So to make things better he told me he would sell me a 3 inch magnaflow cat back exhaust at his cost and install it for free to make up for the difference. Turns out he lied and was going to try and put a 2.5 inch exhaust on my car, he kept saying it cost this much 1175 dollars and I will charge you 875 for it and I normally charge 2hrs labor to install and will do it for free. Well I saw the box at his shop and turns out he was charging me more for the 2.5 exhaust than what I could buy it on line for. He back peddled and tried to lie his way out of it saying that wasnt the deal. Needless to say had I not stopped in his shop he would have smurfed my again. I advise you to run as far away from this guy as possible.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Stay away from him....Back in 2005 A buddy and I drove our car 5 hours from Pittsburgh to Cinncinatti for a tune just to find out Dave didnt have the Software to do it. The reason was something like, his version wasnt updated or it had some kind of lock on it and he was able to do it. And yes, before we drove out there, I talked to him on the phone and had this all planned out.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Teching In

I wish I would have heard about this sooner. He just did a D1SC procharger for my GTO and he quoted me pretty low. Well now I know why. I have had nothing but issues with a broken belt, he didnt upgrade my ls2 stock damper and it was rattling, he proceeded to tell me that procharger has since fixed the problems with their lower crank pulleys. Well I didnt believe what he as feeding me so I called procharger and explained to them what my builder told me and what have they done to fix the problem since. The guy at procharger laughed at me and said, the problem is your build should have known not to use the skimpy stock damper, its in all our literature and definitely pretty well known that the gm stock damper is not recommended for a procharger. Well I called daves total peformance and he hemmed and hawed about them not knowing anything and he could weld it to fix it. I was going to give him a chance but my car just sat outside at his shop for 2 damn weeks. I have since moved on to another place to fix the problem and get it fixed right. Needless to say $500 dollars later because it wasnt done right. Also he skimped me on an air intake and instead just put a screen in and said it wasnt part of the package, also when I got my car back the power steering pump lines were all bent and looked like someone took a hammer to them to get the supercharger to fit, I raised a fuss and he fixed them. I am now worried about my tune because he couldnt give me any graphs or afr numbers when he dynoed which he said he would give me before we started, now I am going to go somewhere else to get it tuned so I can feel better that the car isnt going to blow up. Also I never got any warranty paper work or anything for my procharger head unit. I too feel like I was sold a lot and got nothing.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
Teching In

What really gets me is when I stopped by his shop on several occasions to check him out before I decided to have him do the work, was all the really nice 5th gen camaros, c6 vettes etc. that were all having something done to their cars, so I really felt like wow people must trust his work because he was always busy.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Has anyone reported his business to the Better Business Bureau?

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Heard Of Lt1 Dave Or Daves Total Performance In Northeren Cincinnati?