Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Exhaust shop in fort wayne, in area that will work on car w/o cats

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2005, 12:29 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust shop in fort wayne, in area that will work on car w/o cats

I currently have open longtubes and my car is sitting......I need a shop to bend my y pipe a little bit and get it to fit properly and then I want everything welded up included my cutout and the rest of my catback. I am really having trouble though finding an exhaust shop that will do the work for me. They all go into the its illegal and all that stuff and well.....I do know its illegal, but can anyone reccomend a shop that will bend the rules a little and work on my car? Pm me or email me at markgrabner2002@aol.com Thanks guys!

Last edited by markymark; 04-26-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-23-2005, 07:03 PM
Teching In

Give Bob at EPP a call....he might be able to help you out or know somebody who will do it for you!!!!!.....Exotic Performance Plus is the name of the shop and its right off of Goshen just down from Showgirls I !!!!!!!
Old 04-26-2005, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

I have called them a few times and everytime they act like they dont wanna do it. The lady told me today they are booked until late may and I find that very hard to believe. I talked to Bob over the internet and he sounded like he could get me right in.......I told her this and suddendly she told me to call back tomorrow and see...hmmm. Anyone know of anyplace else? I am getting desperate.

Last edited by markymark; 04-26-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many shops will be hesitant to say yes over the phone, but may be willing to work with you if you show up with cash, after hours, etc. They all have to be careful because there are big fines for tampering with emissions systems, etc. I think you'd have better luck talking with people in person. Good Luck.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

i would drive around and find a small muffler shop and talk with the manager. its not like he is ripping off your cats, he is just welding/bending stuff for you.
im getting my sfc's welded on next week, i might have them weld my exhaust for me.

justin
Old 04-26-2005, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

go and see bob, or holley. They might be able to get you in because they just brought in Chip to help out with the work load. If you go there you will see that they are very busy, they have almost all of their lifts double stacked. like they said above, you might be able to get them to do it after hours.
Old 04-26-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Resident

Epp it extremely busy. Only thing I dont get it the order they do things. I'm not really complaining but my car was there for 3-4 weeks for a Viper Tranny, Spec clutch, exhaust, bilstein shocks, and headers.(this time)

That took them 3-4 weeks, but, they somehow managed to procharge a 2004 GTO, add headers, and a Spec 3 clutch in 3 days WHILE my car was there.

I guess if you have time to spare and wait, go to EPP. You will be very happy with the results. Their work is great. Bob seems to be a lot more positive than Holley. He will say one thing and if she didnt hear him, she will say another and it will probably be something you DONT want to hear. Esp when it comes to prices and time estimates lol

On top of that I dont believe EPP has a mandrel bender. They used mandrel U's to patch up my center mount exhaust.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:50 PM
Staging Lane

ok thanks for your help guys.......seems we need another performance shop for this area. Any of you go to muncie much or hang out at Halls? I have a couple buddies that go to Halls every now and then, but I haven't had a chance to even attempt to go yet this year, cuz my car has been down since last December.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:36 AM
11 Second Club

there used to be a guy in decatur, i think his shop was called bodys or somthing like that. he did alot of stuff for lpe he did a car for me a 91 gta i think he retired but his son or somthing like that took it over .im sure somone from there could help you.just call lpe and im sure they can tell you how to get there its on the main strip at least it used to be.
Old 04-27-2005, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by markymark
ok thanks for your help guys.......seems we need another performance shop for this area. Any of you go to muncie much or hang out at Halls? I have a couple buddies that go to Halls every now and then, but I haven't had a chance to even attempt to go yet this year, cuz my car has been down since last December.
markymark i used to hang out there all the time. im sure u know bodrive,mergy,chris in the gray iroc all done up. im in the army havent bean around in a while but am coming back in may so i might see you there. ask one of the peoples names i typed one of them can lead you in the right direction for sure.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BrandonSS
Epp it extremely busy. Only thing I dont get it the order they do things. I'm not really complaining but my car was there for 3-4 weeks for a Viper Tranny, Spec clutch, exhaust, bilstein shocks, and headers.(this time)

That took them 3-4 weeks, but, they somehow managed to procharge a 2004 GTO, add headers, and a Spec 3 clutch in 3 days WHILE my car was there.

I guess if you have time to spare and wait, go to EPP. You will be very happy with the results. Their work is great. Bob seems to be a lot more positive than Holley. He will say one thing and if she didnt hear him, she will say another and it will probably be something you DONT want to hear. Esp when it comes to prices and time estimates lol

On top of that I dont believe EPP has a mandrel bender. They used mandrel U's to patch up my center mount exhaust.

Hey Brandon, glad to hear you are happy with the work that we did. Just wanted to touch basis with you about your post..., We were waiting on your Tranny for sometime. I was completely honest with you about it not being done yet.. I do have a hard time getting time to update Bob on what is going on with each car. (he's a busy man) Sorry if you felt it was 2-sided, I tried to keep you updated as much as possible. Anyways, glad your happy with the car, the guys do a great job. (give me a call if there is still an billing issue??)
Old 04-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by markymark
I have called them a few times and everytime they act like they dont wanna do it. The lady told me today they are booked until late may and I find that very hard to believe. I talked to Bob over the internet and he sounded like he could get me right in.......I told her this and suddendly she told me to call back tomorrow and see...hmmm. Anyone know of anyplace else? I am getting desperate.

Hey MarkyMark, it's not that we dont want to help out, we just have to be careful. We dont know who we are talking to on the phone or the internet. There are some healthy fines for messing with emissions. BrandonSS, knows we are extremely busy...we are booking into June now.
Old 04-29-2005, 05:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by EPP-Chic
Hey Brandon, glad to hear you are happy with the work that we did. Just wanted to touch basis with you about your post..., We were waiting on your Tranny for sometime. I was completely honest with you about it not being done yet.. I do have a hard time getting time to update Bob on what is going on with each car. (he's a busy man) Sorry if you felt it was 2-sided, I tried to keep you updated as much as possible. Anyways, glad your happy with the car, the guys do a great job. (give me a call if there is still an billing issue??)

Sorry if that came off as negative. I just meant that Bobs time frames are more of a dreamer, get your hope up, kind of reply which makes the customer(me) HAPPY It wouldnt be that way if almost EVERYTHING went perfect but as you know troubles arise. You just give the safe answer. I'm sure a lot of things will be different out of your mouth than out of Bobs since he has the ability to flex prices and push in cars at his own will. Not sure how much you have in that but I would guess at least a tiny bit less since hes the "boss man" unless you talked to him first before saying yay or nay.

You did a wonderful job taking my phone calls "is it done yet????" or "hi, is Bob in????"

And yes... EPP is super booked. The shop is crammed full of cars. Every inch of working space is taken up. I feel bad about bringing my car back up to Bob Sunday.

Like I said, if you have time to wait for a free spot in time with them then I suggest it. They will really go out of their way for you up there. Hell, Bob even stayed after hours with me an hour and a half or two hours to help me with the Center Mount Exhaust so I could get it back on the road in one piece. And this sunday I am suppose to meet up with him to give him my car to look at the tranny since I have some concerns with it. Nothing major but he wants to get it 100% for me!

Thanks again to Holly and the rest of EPP. You guys are great!

Last edited by BrandonSS; 04-29-2005 at 05:58 PM.
Old 04-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Staging Lane

Holley, didnt me to come off as bad mouthing ya.....but I was getting a little pissed. I haven't driven my car since last November and I was wanting to get it done so badly, and not being able to find a shop I was getting a little angry. I am going up to a shop in Auburn tomorrow that a friend reccomended to me.....so hopefully they can get me all welded up and leak free.
Old 04-29-2005, 10:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

If you don't get it done at the shop in Auburn. Let me know I can do it for ya. Welded, cutout and all. Minimal $$. Thanks
Old 04-30-2005, 08:37 AM
11 Second Club

I know for a fact that EPP is extremely busy. I am going up there today to pick my car up. I know when I first called it was almost 3 weeks before they could even take me in. Then when I got to drop my car off the place was packed. I mean cars where everywhere. I have heard that they do really nice work, but if you want to use them you will need to be patient, they are doing the best that they can.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by IROCBYU
If you don't get it done at the shop in Auburn. Let me know I can do it for ya. Welded, cutout and all. Minimal $$. Thanks
Hey, the guy in Auburn didnt end up showing up, what a knuckle head. Do you have a shop, or is it a side thing? Lemme know if you can do it, I really need this done. Thanks.
Old 04-30-2005, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mark, I emailed you. Its a Garage/Shop and a side thing. Two very important tools. Lift and Plasma cutter

Quick Reply: Exhaust shop in fort wayne, in area that will work on car w/o cats