Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help a Local Out

Looking for some support fellas, appreciate it if you can help - Mad

http://edigras.iweb.bsu.edu/savemad.htm
Old 06-02-2006, 07:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey dude, if you still have the car, you could make a ton of money parting it out. i understand that you want to keep it and fix it but if the motor still works thats your court fees right there, and all the good parts left on the car could more than cover what you owe you parents. good luck bro.
Old 06-02-2006, 08:04 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by phantomzer0
hey dude, if you still have the car, you could make a ton of money parting it out. i understand that you want to keep it and fix it but if the motor still works thats your court fees right there, and all the good parts left on the car could more than cover what you owe you parents. good luck bro.
30k invested in the car, every penny i had made since i was 12 went towards it basically... i added up parting it out and i dont have all the tools to do that, and would only walk away with 12k... cant do that, and its rare only 26 manual formula ttops hawks were made in 2000. my heart is in the car. its 1 of 3 down to its color code and other options and i will fly it again
Old 06-02-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by MadSeason
30k invested in the car, every penny i had made since i was 12 went towards it basically... i added up parting it out and i dont have all the tools to do that, and would only walk away with 12k... cant do that, and its rare only 26 manual formula ttops hawks were made in 2000. my heart is in the car. its 1 of 3 down to its color code and other options and i will fly it again
thats a very unfortunate situation, however as much as i hate to say iy and i know how you feel abotu yor car, i dont think your going to save that car that side is completly fucked, even if you did manage ti fix it i dont think it will ever drive the same again, i think your best bet is part the performance parts/pcm etc, keep them, part/sell the rest take car of your court costs and get another one and reinvest your performance parts.

good luck on the court case too, you should get out of the dui pertty easily, however you wont be without a driving too fast for conditions ticket, and probably a fine for the tree.

hope everything works out for you bro
Old 06-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Teching In

thanks man, no fine for the tree but paid the insurance claim out of pocket for the culvert. my insurance isnt going up because this wont get claimed on it thanks to their fine line about not covering the wreck. what i'm looking to do is swap the stuff into a rollin chassis and restore the car that way... but thats quite a ways off. must pay my parents back for their help first. but yea i should get a too fast for conditions fine and hopefully get back the remainder of the balance to send to my parents.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

You have a donation. and a pm
Old 06-03-2006, 11:09 AM
Teching In

Thanks I replied to your PM, I'll update the website later tonight to show it
Old 06-05-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Veteran

bump for the poor guy
Old 06-05-2006, 01:45 PM
Teching In

thanks bud
Old 06-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Teching In

bump for me
Old 06-15-2006, 08:57 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,089 Likes on 717 Posts

So is the body fixable? Is there major frame damage?
Old 06-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Teching In

I don't know, it's still 1000 miles away down in atlanta. I haven't had an oppertunity to go down there with my dad and trailer it back yet. Still looking around to borrow one or rent one and will go pick it up in July sometime. Without looking at it on a lift I can see that the subframe braced most of the hit but did get tweaked. The tree didn't screw up the rim it just popped the seal on the tire. My insurance isn't covering it because I was misinformed when I purchased my coverage and they won't own up to it. The car is all I have and what I put my time into purchasing and building since I got my license 8 years ago. I've had offers on it but not even close to half of what's invested. It will be sitting in storage for a few years until I can afford to fix it out of pocket.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Some people have also asked why I care about hanging onto it so much... It was a hard find and a numbered car...

In 2000 only 741 Firebirds got the SLP "Firehawk" Package

Only 39 or 5% were Formula T-Tops 26 of those were 6-Speeds, the rest were mostly Trans Ams 92% and 3% were Formula Coupes

Of those 26, 4 were Navy Blue Metallic in Color

3 Others Shared the Same options, such as Floormats, Suspension, Car Cover, Differential, Wheels, Lubes....
The car, Is 1 of 3

Search this Thread