Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

St. Louis or Scott AFB area -- Info Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default St. Louis or Scott AFB area -- Info Please

I'm currently Active Duty Air Force, TSgt type, stationed at McGuire AFB NJ. Right now I'm about sick of the east coast, and happened upon a TACC job opening for my AFSC that I'm essentially a shoe-in for.

Anyone in the St. Louis or Scott AFB area willing to give me a run-down on the area?? Housing prices, ect. ect., good bad areas, cost of living, ect. Anything would be great. Thanks guys!!!!
Old 10-18-2006, 01:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

personal opinion- shy away from north county, look for homes in West county and South county. chesterfield is awesome and growing very fastly but pricey... local board is fastlouis.com (f body org of stl) I really don't know much about the housing prices and that kind of stuff because i am in college and am not out on my own yet. St.louis city is not where its at, so to speak, meaning its not like the city is where things are happening if that makes sense. hmmm what else... I live in Sunset hills when I am not at college which is the west sort of part of South County, which is next to kirkwood. I love the area and plan on living there once out on my own, hope that helps but ask more questions... I guess you might want to consider moving to a place with a good school if you kids ? but let me know if you need anything else
Old 10-18-2006, 03:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, are those actually county names or more like nicknames to areas???? Good info, I do appreciate that.