Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Bears loss... hell of a game

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 09:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bears loss... hell of a game

Bears lots played a hell of a game i thought, good to watch... what did you guys think? i think they should have won it but oh well..
Old 11-26-2006, 10:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

deff. should have been a win. seems like rex was just throwin pass's anywhere and not givin a ***.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:57 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I thought Rex through some good ones in the first half. But was putting up some X-mas honey doo's in the second half. I missed the end of the game. This section is kinda the sports page for me.
Old 11-26-2006, 11:19 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
I thought Rex through some good ones in the first half. But was putting up some X-mas honey doo's in the second half. I missed the end of the game. This section is kinda the sports page for me.
I wonder what you were doing in the second half...
Old 11-26-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

again as I have said from the beginning Rex is NOT nfl starting material.

Yeah its cool to believe in his potential and give him a chance to develop into a good quarterback, but damn the bears have the number one defense and great special teams and a very producing offense with one weak link REX GROSSMAN. I say bench the guy, and do what is best for the team (a winning /super bowl potential team).

maybe I dont see it, but I have never bought into grossman, hes the most over rated could be great quarterback.

honestly if you think about it, if it was not for some luck and talented defense the bears instead of being 9-2 should be more like 8-3 or 7-4 based off the inconsistent playing of Rex. He has played 11 games and has had 12+ weeks to correct his mistakes and he still has not!
Old 11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ibanez7
again as I have said from the beginning Rex is NOT nfl starting material.

Yeah its cool to believe in his potential and give him a chance to develop into a good quarterback, but damn the bears have the number one defense and great special teams and a very producing offense with one weak link REX GROSSMAN. I say bench the guy, and do what is best for the team (a winning /super bowl potential team).

maybe I dont see it, but I have never bought into grossman, hes the most over rated could be great quarterback.

honestly if you think about it, if it was not for some luck and talented defense the bears instead of being 9-2 should be more like 8-3 or 7-4 based off the inconsistent playing of Rex. He has played 11 games and has had 12+ weeks to correct his mistakes and he still has not!
I HAVE TO AGREE UNFORTUNAELY and I wish he was more FREAKIN CONSISTENT!

This came was lost by GROSSMAN who sucked bad with his 4 turnovers it would have been a win if the MORON doesn't throw 3 picks and drop a cente snap for no good reason on the PATS 7 FREAKIN YARD LINE. That lead to a 14 pt swing in favor of the PATS if the BEARS score there and NOT DROP THE ****** BALL!

Its time for GRIESE for some consistency and if he went in this game at half it would of been a BEARS win probably. Although I was not overly disappointed b/c I figured they would lose this game, this game was there for the taking and GROSSMAN "Simply dropped the Ball!" (Literally) and a WIN here would have been FREAKING HUGE!!:*****:

I don't know why they got of their game plan that was successful against the JETS and didn't stick to running the ball up the gut (with BENSON who was leveling peope and JONES who had a strong second half) and with some more conservative pass plays mixed in (instead of the first 11 of 17 plays going for passes and many long and leading to an intersection (1 or 3 GROSSMAN PICS) on the first series! :ack:
Old 11-27-2006, 12:23 AM
TECH Veteran

bears never have a good QB, spend some frickin money on a QB!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 12:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

rex is over confident which = terrible plays....enough said
Old 11-27-2006, 02:18 PM
14 Second Truck Club

Rex does need to be benched, but in his defense......
Brady had much more time in the pocket to throw, it was unbelievable. Rex was hurried and knocked down probably 6x as often as Brady. If it wasnt for the Bears defense who knows what that game would have looked like. They should have given Griese the chance after Rex was complaining about his hand.
Between the blocked field goal for the Bears, and the late time out on the field goal for the Pats (basically giving them a free practice kick), that could have made a ton of difference. I understand calling a tie out and making them think about it, but they called it so late it gave them a free kick.
Rex edfinetly has talent, but this team shouldnt have to suffer waiting for it to show.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

Amen,,wish Lovie thought that way
Old 11-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If he was black they would have taken him out right away. ******* Grossman.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

whys is always gotta be a black thing?? my moms black, lol, j/k, time to get greesy!!
Old 11-27-2006, 03:51 PM
6 Second Club Moderator

Two things, 1. We have no pass rush!
2. QB sucks.

We can't give good QB's all day to throw the ball! You have to admit , they have a great record for the players they have!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Grossman needs to stop turnovers. 11 out of the last 7 games.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:12 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

He's basicly a rookie, and faced a defense that could confuse Payton Manning. What he needs to do is understand checkdowns a little bit more. I know, when he walks up to the line and sees a cover zero (man coverage across the board no safety in the middle b/c he's up for run support or covering a TE/back), he can't help but drool. That's every QB's dream and the best chance for a home run ball. BUT he needs to realize that if the DB runs the route for him he doesn't need to heave it. There's a mismatch somewhere. Check down or hit a cheerleader. There's nothing wrong with 2nd and 10 when their guys have a better down than yours. He'll learn. Give him time. He's done a lot of promising things so far. Manning led the NFL in interceptions his rookie year. Elway got boo'd off the field in his. Aikman went 1-15. Let the kid grow, he seems to have a good head and takes his mistakes in stride. He doesn't seem to have "rabbit ears" and care what others think. That's a great quality for a leader to have.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:12 PM
12 Second Club

can anyone tell me what Mr. awesome Payton Mannings record was after his frist 16 games... NOT ******* GOOD AT ALL... ALL you haters of grossman need to give the guy a chance, that was the second best d in all of the NFL and he had some pretty damn good numbers up on the board... Brady threw a few picks but no one is jumping on him and saying he sucks? Give the guy a chance, grease is an old man and cant do **** and has a .500 record as an NFL qb, whats grossmans like .750 he's still getting it, payton wasnt a super start his first season either... 16 games isnt **** IN THE NFL... so back the hell off of him... there where a few droped ***** he threw good its not always the QBs fault.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:24 AM
TECH Veteran

put a horse in at QB, prob. wont get sacked very often!

Quick Reply: Bears loss... hell of a game