Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Uh Oh here comes Route 66 Raceway

Old 02-11-2007, 11:09 AM
Tenured Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uh Oh here comes Route 66 Raceway

Well just got some interesting info about Route 66 again. It seems that the private smaller owners were the ones that were tight with the money and events. If you notice now they have more money to play with and are holding more events. Right now they are having a Match Race Mania which is basically a streetracing style event. Then they will be having a wheel stand contest in July and now there is talks of an actually event like RSD or SCC.

Should be interesting this year and looks like it might be a change for the better.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:26 AM
wrencher

I hope it does improve, it is a great track thats the only thing they have IMO.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:29 AM
12 Second Club

sounds good. they already pack them in on tuesday nights. i gotta come see you for u dyno tune and code delete still. gotta get plates in may
Old 02-11-2007, 01:43 PM
6 & 8 Second Club

Those are track rentals, and the track doesn't risk anything on them.

The NHRA made them add more events. When they were going to cancel bracket racing after the sell out, NHRA steped in and said you must have a minimum program to keep both nationals

It was not the original owners, that had less & less races every year.
They were in it to make money from their investment. Don't forget before the sell out, they were open tue & wed for T & T, plus the W/E stuff.

I'm no fan on how they run the place, but I base my opinions on what they control only. I rip them more than anyone and I know & talk to the guys that run the place every once in a while, giving them cudos & WTF's as I see fit.

The track could be great, the greatest in the North, but they have to answer to their boss', and obviously we as racers don't agree on what they do. They have way way too much overhead. They have too many people working that don't do anything. Which I think hurts their profits, which makes the owners frown on the little events.

Sorry for the ramble, I'm still pissed they turned down the fall race, and have a crappy T/S program.
Old 02-11-2007, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Outlaw Motorsports
Well just got some interesting info about Route 66 again. It seems that the private smaller owners were the ones that were tight with the money and events. If you notice now they have more money to play with and are holding more events. Right now they are having a Match Race Mania which is basically a streetracing style event. Then they will be having a wheel stand contest in July and now there is talks of an actually event like RSD or SCC.

Should be interesting this year and looks like it might be a change for the better.
Old 02-11-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well this is real good news to hear considering the horror stories I heard last year.

Hey Tony, do you guys got that new 2 Raw dvd out now? If so whats your guys shop hours so I can go get a copy or two.

Mike
Old 02-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sure the Street Car Chaos type races will be over crowded with the NHRA guys and they will be breaking down after every pass just like the T&T nights. I will be paying $40 to run once. No thanks. I live 2 miles from Route 66 and I would rather drive 65 miles one way to U.S. 41 Raceway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Uh Oh here comes Route 66 Raceway