Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

So Illinois stalls?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default So Illinois stalls?

Anyone around Carbondale, Marion, Benton, hell anywhere around here have a stall in there car and can give me a ride/ check it out? Its probably going to be my next purchase and want to get an idea for the feel of it before dropping the money. I'm looking at 3200-3600 stalls but if you have anything and can meet up let me know, it would help out alot. Thanks!
Old 05-31-2007, 01:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey man,
Ive got some of my wifes family that lives in benton but I wont be back to IL for good until late december. If you dont have a test ride by then and the roads are decent (no 3 ft snow drifts) you can test the waters if you PM me. Im running a vig 3500 w/ 2.73's.

As long as you get the stall and have all the tuning issues worked out (ie p0757 code deleted and all tq mgt. taken off) youll be glad you did it.

~Josh
Old 05-31-2007, 01:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

so you decide on a stall instead on gears bro? im takin it ur car is a real WS6, if so it has 3.23s so your fine, if its just an aftermarket hood, then you have 2.73s and those need changed out ASAP! anyways let me know. I know someone w/ a 4000 stall but it would be of no benefit to you first its a 383 LT1 w/ a ton of mods, so it would be hard to tell. and 4.10 gears in his auto, so its full out race car, you wouldnt be able to tell anything...
Old 05-31-2007, 01:43 AM
Launching!

I live down here in Herrin, give me a call at 889-2067, usually available after 7
Old 05-31-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by h8s2w8
Hey man,
Ive got some of my wifes family that lives in benton but I wont be back to IL for good until late december. If you dont have a test ride by then and the roads are decent (no 3 ft snow drifts) you can test the waters if you PM me. Im running a vig 3500 w/ 2.73's.

As long as you get the stall and have all the tuning issues worked out (ie p0757 code deleted and all tq mgt. taken off) youll be glad you did it.

~Josh
How do you like that 3500 with the 2.73's? Hopefully I'll have one before December. We can hit the track next spring though!

Originally Posted by wldesyWS6
so you decide on a stall instead on gears bro? im takin it ur car is a real WS6, if so it has 3.23s so your fine, if its just an aftermarket hood, then you have 2.73s and those need changed out ASAP! anyways let me know. I know someone w/ a 4000 stall but it would be of no benefit to you first its a 383 LT1 w/ a ton of mods, so it would be hard to tell. and 4.10 gears in his auto, so its full out race car, you wouldnt be able to tell anything...
I haven't ruled out gears. I want to do them too. It does suck for drag racing I have the 2.73's, but its heaven on the highway. I just started working at a new job and the money is coming in pretty good so if I can do both at the same time I will. Depending on off time with school and work I'll probably do the TC install myself, but I have no experience with gears. Did you ask your buddy about the gears?

I'm looking at a 3200 vig stall so its not that extreme. A 4000 would be sweet but with everyday diving I'm sure I wouldn't like it. I used to have a 2xxx stall in my ElCamino with a TH350 but that was so long ago and it was small I don't remember what it was like exactly.

Originally Posted by paulc87
I live down here in Herrin, give me a call at 889-2067, usually available after 7
I'll def hit you up. As long as its not raining I think I'm to head up to I57 street night on Friday if you're interested.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TORK?

I'll def hit you up. As long as its not raining I think I'm to head up to I57 street night on Friday if you're interested.
I will be there, doubt I will run cause I need a belt tensioner.
Old 05-31-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool. I'll see ya there. I don't have those black wheels on there anymore. Here's what it looks like
Old 05-31-2007, 02:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

I haven't ruled out gears. I want to do them too. It does suck for drag racing I have the 2.73's, but its heaven on the highway. I just started working at a new job and the money is coming in pretty good so if I can do both at the same time I will. Depending on off time with school and work I'll probably do the TC install myself, but I have no experience with gears. Did you ask your buddy about the gears?

I'm looking at a 3200 vig stall so its not that extreme. A 4000 would be sweet but with everyday diving I'm sure I wouldn't like it. I used to have a 2xxx stall in my ElCamino with a TH350 but that was so long ago and it was small I don't remember what it was like exactly.
i called a while back, but he didnt answer, ill try again soon for ya. and ya, 3200-3600 will be perfect for ya.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

How do you like that 3500 with the 2.73's? Hopefully I'll have one before December. We can hit the track next spring though!
Im saving up for some 3.73's among other things but I can live with them since I get great HWY gas mileage.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Cool. I'll see ya there. I don't have those black wheels on there anymore. Here's what it looks like
HOLY CRAP!!!! Where'd u get thoes rims?....thoes are the rarest WS6 wheels only produced for a month or two.....i've seen only one other set and it is NW Indiana.......and i have some stock literature on it from early 2000...i think......anyways.....i'm not a fan of how they look....just how rare they are.....nice car tho man
Old 05-31-2007, 07:12 PM
Launching!

Those wheels are worth some money
Old 05-31-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

LOL I actually just got them last week. A guy was selling them and I wanted to buy them but when I showed up he offered a trade: my 02 WS6 wheels for his SaladShooters + $250. How could I say no?

So I rode off with new wheels and $250 in my pocket!!

I really like them alot. I had never seen another set in person and when I got to the guy's house there were 2 cars with them! They look alot better in person than in pictures because they are polished. Its wierd though, just the face is polished and inbetween the spokes is painted metallic silver. They really chop when rolling too. They'll look real good once the car gets lowered.

Its funny that there's a sunfire that parks in my lot and the wheels are nearly identical haha
Old 05-31-2007, 11:25 PM
Retired Street Racer

My brother has guard duty for the Air National Guard the first week of the month. I could let him borrow my car and I'll take his vette I have a Yank PT4400 now and 3.42 gears.