Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

So I have a Job coming up in St. Paul,Minn.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So I have a Job coming up in St. Paul,Minn.

I am a welder from Texas and would like to know the cost of living up there. This refinery job is supposed to last 3-4 months so I might be bringing my SS with me to do a little racing. Just wondering the price for fuel,food,and hotel's. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SSmoky01
I am a welder from Texas and would like to know the cost of living up there. This refinery job is supposed to last 3-4 months so I might be bringing my SS with me to do a little racing. Just wondering the price for fuel,food,and hotel's. Thanks for your help.
Interesting... my brother is a pipefitter and works at some of the local refineries from time to time. If you get stuck working some of this shifts he has you won't even have time to drive your SS (except back and forth to work)

Gas is almost exactly 3 bucks a gallon right now in the st.paul area. Food? well we still have the dollar menu at golden arches. Probably be kind of spendy renting a hotel room for 3-4 months. my buddy just had his house burn and was able to rent a town house for 4 months while repairs were being done. If you want I can ask him what company he rented from and PM you the information on who to contact for rental info. that way you would even have a garage to park the SS in
I know the town house rental was cheaper than a hotel because his home owners insurance put him there to same money.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks man. Pm'd ya.

Quick Reply: So I have a Job coming up in St. Paul,Minn.