Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

f*&%ing truck!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 04:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default f*&%ing truck!!

i need to rant

today was the FIRST time I've had my WS6 out since last August. I drove it to work this morning, and on the way home before I got into Bellvue, a semi truck was coming from the other direction and SMACK!

This rock about the size of a tennis ball hit my car

I finishing home since there was no way for me to get his license plate number on that road, and the damned rock hit right on the nose/lip of my hood. took a chunk out probably 1/4" into the hood, so fiberglass is showing really nice on my black paint job

there is a rock quarry in the area and he musta been coming from that

so now I need to get my hood replaced, since i am 100% **** about my cars and have that repainted.

I'm half way considering maybe getting a Raptor hood instead, but I don't have the $500 for my deductable since I just got new tires on my daily driver

guys have any advice?

I have a feeling i'm just goina have to take this kick to the nuts and have it fixed out of my pocket...well the $500 at least. I wish I could get that damned rock quarry to pay for it

Last edited by MetallicaMatt; 06-15-2007 at 10:03 PM. Reason: i can't spell
Old 06-15-2007, 07:18 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a body shop to pad your estimate for the repair, then buy the hood you want. I bet a GM hood is more expensive than an aftermarket.

Sorry 'bout the bad luck bro. It happens.
Old 06-15-2007, 09:53 PM
Staging Lane

Gravel trucks are the worst. I know they have to have the cover over the trailer, but who knows where the rock came from off of the truck. If you decide to write a letter to them or something, make sure you spell it "quarry", not "cory".
Old 06-15-2007, 10:02 PM
TECH Junkie

lol opps, i'll edit my spelling

my hood already had a scratch on it, so at least i'll get that fixed...just always happens at the wrong time!
Old 06-16-2007, 08:27 PM
On The Tree

if you go to the quarry and explain to them what happened they might help you out with it, my friend had the same thing happen to him and the trucking company took care of it. places like that have insurance for such incidents.

Quick Reply: f*&%ing truck!!