Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

My new 'Maro pic

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 11:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My new 'Maro pic

Well,after totalling the 99Z28, I waited awhile. Bought this clean Iroc few weeks ago,she aint perfect,but damn clean for a 1989 SPECS= 5.7TPI,new 700r4,Factory big brakes(12" rotors/PBR calipers-same as on lt1 cars,good interior,fully loaded,factory bose with luxury interior.

Mods I've done so far:
3.42 10 bolt from 2000 Z28,New Auburn posi,TA girdle cover,swapped my PBR brakes over
Spohn double adj. panhard w/ rodends
Wolfe Double adjustable LCA's
Free Ram Air(same as on 4th gens)
Pioneer cd with pioneer speakers

She's got a newer paint job, 108k on the car,it was a Cali car,very very little rust(mostly the usual surface stuff on the pans,but very clean) As clean as an 18 year old car gets! Drives awesome,handles better than my 99Z28,looks sharp. It will be my nice weather car. I plan to bring the interior back to mint with custom door panels this summer,then next year,strip the car down for a real paint job-door jambs,under hood,new weatherstripping,etc. But for now I love cruisin in it,You don't see very many nice 3rd gens anymore. This makes for my 6th 3rd gen,but never had a Black IROC,the car I always wanted. Feels good Fellas.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x...8/100_0866.jpg
Old 06-26-2007, 02:11 AM
Teching In

Looks very clean. I miss my buddy's old '85. Got it in '03 with 42k original miles on the clock. Kept under a cover most of the time. It was that crazy blue that you hardly ever see, don't know what it was. In between the dark and the lighter blues. Very nice for any IROC in the midwest, and he sold it because he wanted a truck. I see it quite often as someone just down the road from me is the new owner. Unfortunately I think he's around 18 or so and I recently saw a fresh gash all along the left side. Such a shame, wish I would have had the money to save it.

Once again, props on a very clean IROC!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks clean man. Now you just need to drop a LS1 in there
Old 06-26-2007, 09:20 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Matt D
x2
Old 06-26-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Matt D
No doubt fellas! not sure If I should swap to a different tpi intake/AFR heads,or save up for a mild LS1(cam,LS6 intkake). Gonna get the struts,subrames,and wheels first. Have some fun for a year,then take out a loan to paint/possible LS1 swap. I guess I could use my 700r4 for now.Also want to swap C5 brakes up front. Basically I want it to one BADASS street car!

Quick Reply: My new 'Maro pic