Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Mondays....

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:58 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mondays....

So great way to start my week...

First off, I'm about to head into Chicago to a job site and the keys to truck I need to use were left in someone's pocket. Someone who is nowhere near where I am and has no need for the keys. Awesome.

Second, a laser distance measurer that I need to use can't be found. Not a big deal, I'll just go get another one, it's not too far out of my way.

So I take my car, the SS of course because I wanted to drive it today, and on my way to this job site I hit a super massive black pothole, (ironically about 1/4 mile from my house), and cringe at the sound my suspension made going over it. Okay, no problem... Been though this before, no big deal.

Well, until 5 miles down the road when I need to stop at a light. Brakes feel reeeeaaaal soft. Continue on my way for a bit, the whole while trying to deny what I felt in the pedal. Well I go about 2 miles or so and pull into a gas station because the feeling has become quite bothersome. I take a gander under the rear to find my left rear caliper is hanging by the brake line, sans pads and guide pins. Yay.

The gas station I decided to pull into happens to be in relatively close proximity to a certain big orange box, so I march on down to pick up a 13mm wrench and a pair of vice grips. Get back to the car, pull the caliper off, clamp down on the line with the vice grips and limp the poor thing home. Then continue on to Chicago.

Somehow through all that I only managed to be 10 minutes late coming back from the job site, and that I blame on traffic. Now I sit and wait until my guide pins come in tomorrow morning...

I heart Mondays.
Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

lol....that sounds rough.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
Teching In

It wasn't too bad, actually. Just very annoying... I'll have it fixed this afternoon.

Quick Reply: Mondays....