Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Fastest Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 09:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry i couldnt go andy, midterms are coming realllllly soon and im slighty worried...you could always come here to ames. Wallace has a huge parking lot
Old 10-10-2007, 06:56 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's cool man. I have been there done that with the college crap, glad I am done.

On a side note, I think I am going to be purchasing some Pacesetter LT's and ORY next week sometime. Anyone willing to help with the install? I really have no clue what I am doing and would appreciate it if anyone wanted to help out in the area. Thanks
Old 10-10-2007, 07:29 PM
11 Second Club

Hey man, I can help yah out if you would like. My name is Rodney, and I live in Cedar Rapids. My car isnt by any means the fastest, first time to the track it went 12.90 @ 110.00 with a 1.9 60ft on radial tires. Anyhow, its a 2001 WS6 M6, pewter. Its just a bolt on car, only headers, lid and a tune VIA me with HPtuners. I am almost always willing to help someone out if they need a hand, and I have nothing going on. I love wrenching. The headers can be a pain, just make sure you have a big jack, and big jack stands to set the car up on. it needs to be up as high as you can get it to get them headers in there. Anyhow, glad to see another thread here! Here is a few pics of my car if anyone is in the area and see's it.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

OH, also if anyone has AIM or Yahoo or MSN. My Sn on them is as follows:
AIM : n9ty9srx700
Yahoo : n9ty9srx700
MSN : n9ty9srx700@yahoo.com
Old 10-10-2007, 07:51 PM
On The Tree

nebody know who got busted for drag racing @ About 1:30 am on Lincoln way in ames? lol
Old 10-10-2007, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No idea..i was out cold during that time..So yeah andy, just give me a call when you get them in and i come out (or you come to my house) and we'll put them in. Dont forget 02 sensor extension or corvette rear 02's.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

V8bamF i think i seen you around ames a few times - I dont currently have an F body but i have a big silverado thats white and has "bob brown" license plates on it for now..
Old 10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks Jesse. I will do that. I didn't want to bother you too much since you have school and all. Do you think we could get it done in a day? Also, it would probably be easier for me to come to your house if that's cool. You probably have all the right tools and actually know where they are unlike my house, haha.

01FbTaWs6 I will add you to AIM. My screen name is AdongL2.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:48 PM
11 Second Club

Man, honestly, shoudl be no reason you cant get them done in a day. The most difficult thing to do is remove teh oil dipstick. It can be a pain in the *** sometimes, or just pop right out other times. be carefull not to break it off at the oring. Mine took me about 5 hours to get out, yeah, talk about pissed off. Went and drank a beer, came back, and it litterally popped out in my hand! LOL Wasnt sure wether to be happy, or even more pissed off. Looks like all i needed was a beer
Old 10-11-2007, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RedRocketZ28
That's cool man. I have been there done that with the college crap, glad I am done.

On a side note, I think I am going to be purchasing some Pacesetter LT's and ORY next week sometime. Anyone willing to help with the install? I really have no clue what I am doing and would appreciate it if anyone wanted to help out in the area. Thanks
I might able to help out, depending on day time etc. Post up when you are planning on doing it. I helped a little with my friends. I put mine on when the motor was out of the car, so it was suuuuuuuuuuuuper easy. I did an ORY with manifolds before I got headers, and had to do a manifold removal etc. Just have to let me know!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
V8bamF i think i seen you around ames a few times - I dont currently have an F body but i have a big silverado thats white and has "bob brown" license plates on it for now..
Ill have to look for that, I dont have my TA here, so I will be on my GSXR or my 92 GP Blue. Ive seen V8bamF a few times, I always notice the F-body's!
Old 10-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Launching!

Hey, if you live in Ames, where are you located? Im West of Hyland on Hillcrest.
Old 10-11-2007, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im up in wallace for ISU. Yeah andy, it shouldnt take more then a day - if not a couple of hours if everything goes real smooth. If it were at my house, it would make all my tools really accessable so it will be cake.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:57 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks for all the offered help guys. Jesse you are the man. Your house would be perfect if that is cool with you. Rodney, if you would like to help that would be awesome too. We will have to figure out a weekend that will work best for us all. I told Rodney I would supply the beverages and any food anyone will need. M6WS6, sorry bro don't know your name but your help would probably be appreciated as well. The less I have to do, the better. I will hopefully have the headers next week sometime and then we can figure out a day that would work for us. Thanks again fellas.

Andy
Old 10-12-2007, 08:14 AM
Launching!

I dont know ANY names around here as well. Name is Trevor. Sounds like you got enough help, but I still wouldnt mind helping out, or hanging out if I cant get my hands dirty (I would be upset if I had to watch people wrench..)Have to keep me updated on when/where the project will take place. Looking at a weekend day or weekday night?
I wish I had my car up here,, driving me nuts w/o it! I have had it in Ames for about a month (few weeks at a time), just no place to keep it down here. I hate having it sit outside, not necessarily the weather, but drunk/bastard college kids. My roomates car had a 4 inch diameter 12 in long cement sample take out his car, no one knows who or why. Freak accident, but I get scared about one to my car....When i had it here for the ISU Iowa game I brought it out to my friends in Kelley so it wasnt in town. Scares the **** outta me, too much time and money in that thing...
Old 10-12-2007, 09:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I understand where your coming from trevor, we have had a few break in's here at Wallace from drunk people. My house is in south Des Moines, about 45 minutes away from ames.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
I understand where your coming from trevor, we have had a few break in's here at Wallace from drunk people. My house is in south Des Moines, about 45 minutes away from ames.
I dont mind them having a good time, because I love do to the same, but destroying peoples property is another thing. Too many people take it too far, and dont know their limits...I really wish I had a garage here in town, keep it there and use it when I want to!

Anybody here have facebook? I dont use it much, mostly for club stuff, get togethers, etc. THe motorcycle club has a group, and it works great for organizing group rides, getting events out (drag racing, track days, and other motorcycle/nonmotorcycle related) This site Im sure will do the same, but just curious. Im sure the older crowd (know idea how old you guys are(Im 22), but people who have been out of college for awhile might not have it, but you can get it yet) Im sure this will work fine, just suggesting.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Default Iowa

South of Marshalltown.
Attached Thumbnails Iowa Fastest Cars?-35th.jpg  
Old 10-12-2007, 04:59 PM
9 Second Club

Well I ordered the headers today from Speed Inc. I have O2 extensions on the way from WS6store. Now all I need to get is some band clamps from an auto parts store.

Jesse your house will work great. I am always down in Des Moines. Trevor, it would be cool to meet you and you will get your hands dirty. I would rather stand back and watch this one and help out where I can. I am not too mechanically inclined but am anxious to learn. We are all about the same age. I am 23, Rodney is 23, and Jesse has to be around there . Now we just need to set up a time and date to get this done. I am guessing a weekend would work out the best for us but whenever is fine with me.

I have facebook as well Trevor. Andy Long. Central College. Look me up.

Edit: I am also close to Ames, about 30 mins. I could always drive over and hang out with guys some weekend. I graduated college in the spring but wouldn't mind getting some partying in while I'm still young. I know some people that go there as well.

Last edited by RedRocketZ28; 10-12-2007 at 05:54 PM.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

Back stateside finally and in the middle of the demobing process. Should be home around the 17th. Have to get my car estimated because some jackass backed into my passenger side rear quarter panel (coincedentally the only panel on a F-body thats freaking metal!!!) So looks like ill be going to the drags with a big friggin dent now

Quick Reply: Iowa Fastest Cars?