Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

NW burbs of chicago, 4 wheelin?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 03:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NW burbs of chicago, 4 wheelin?

Anybody know where someone could go beat on a lifted Jeep that isnt too far away incase/when it breaks? Let me know.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Teching In

depends on if youre up for getting arrested or not. everywhere i used to go included trespassing or is blocked off now. you can go in crystal lake right off of rt 31 just north of rt 14. awesome place with a creek high enough to where you just begin to suck up water and lots of hills/trails. but i havent been there in like 2 yrs. i had a stock wrangler and it performed so well in there
Old 11-03-2007, 09:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You can also go off Randall road just south of I90 and just north of lake street.Now I have not been in there in over 2 years since I used to ride my 4wheeler in there. It is actually very dangerous for a truck if your not extremely carful in alot of the spots.Theres all kinds of hills and creaks and what not. Also its the same an Transamy said about being private property basicly the only way to enter is in an area where cops do occasionaly sit to make sure people dont go back there since its so close to elgin alot of stolen cars used to get ditched back there.Other then that i can ask my buddie with a lifted jeep since he goes offroading alot so I will ask him and also let you know
Old 11-03-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nothing around here at all. there's cliffs offroad park that isn't too pricey, just my truck is too big for their trails, but a little bitty jeep would be fine there
Old 11-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Teching In

i was trying to remember that place off of randall! i liked that place alot. i almost rolled my jeep over in there. i had to have people stand on the opposite running board so it wouldnt flip lol ah good times.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TransAmy
i was trying to remember that place off of randall! i liked that place alot. i almost rolled my jeep over in there. i had to have people stand on the opposite running board so it wouldnt flip lol ah good times.
lol yeah that place can be scary and I dont know how good it would be for a big truck I think a lifted jeep would do fine but man theres some crazy hills in there that if you go off your pretty much screwed.My buddie got his big lifted ram in there when I broke my 4wheeler and it had to be towed out of there and he make it back there pretty good. That place is definetly a blast but I think they might possibly be building back there now in a small area of it but since it mostly goes west I think its ok.If you go back there you need to enter off of Randall about maybe a mile or so south of Big timer road. I would actually maybe go to google maps or something and scope out the area and check it out. Its definelty a blast and awesome for trucks just becarful man if you head out there but take it easy and you should be ok.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:48 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I think my jeep would be ok. She is sitting on a 6 inch lift, with some 33s.... Only thing I am worried about is the stock axles... But if they break... they break. Thanks for your help guys and gal.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,098 Likes on 721 Posts

My 95 XJ is lifted 3" and on 31's.
Old 11-04-2007, 09:28 AM
11 Second Club

I remember seeing that Jeep in the videos of the Pinkenstien being born. Dont have any good pics of mine other than Cell phone pics... Debating if I want to take chances and run out to one of these places tho.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Teching In

dude i had a bone stock tj with the on/offroad bf goodriches. i think youll be fine. dont be a wuss i wanna see video! for old times sake