Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Odd C6 race on 80/LaGrange...even I'm calling BS

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odd C6 race on 80/LaGrange...even I'm calling BS

I was out cruising last night when it was cooold as ****, but my buddy hadn't yet seen my car, so out I go. We were on I-80 going west...towards LaGrange (for you Chicagoans) and I see this yellow C6 Vert so I rev at him. I know he will kill me, as I'm still stock and he only has only himself the car. He just smiles and doesn't do anything, but sure enough I get off at my exit, and he follows, and gooses it a bit up to the light, now turned red. We line up and look at each other, and I swear he couldn't have known how to drive. It was an auto too, I just two-footed it and stalled it maybe up to 1500, since its way cold and I'm on stock tires, and hit it hard when the light turns green. Car wiggles left, car wiggles right, hooks the whole time, putting me about a car and half or two ahead. He moves off the line slower (probably just mashed it from a dead stop, probably with traction on), and I get up to about 70 and he's getting back up to me quick, probably at my back bumper or so. He has to lay off as someone turns in front of him. We trade thumbs up and I'm off.
WTF???
Old 11-30-2007, 11:44 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

He didn't launch as hard.