Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Chicago Area-Selling my stock LS6 longblock with 918 springs.

Old 12-02-2007, 12:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chicago Area-Selling my stock LS6 longblock with 918 springs.

I am now offering my stock LS6 motor (longblock) for sale for $2,450.00, or best reasonalbe offer (does not include any shipping costs).

The motor has with just about 33,000 miles on it and performs like a champ. The Motor runs great with 0 issues and is being pulled in out of my 02 Z06 in the next 2 weeks, to be replaced with a forged LS6 heads/cam blower motor. The motor will be ready to be picked up from my local tuner within 2 weeks, in Orland Park, IL, and there will not be anymore miles put on the motor other than to drive it to my tuner. The car is being driven to my tuner this week and if you wanted to hear the motor run, etc., b/f it is taken out in about 1 week, this could be done sometime this week of December 3rd.

This motor has 12,500 miles on it since my procharger was added on and the car is driven as a street car and normally is not even boosted under normal conditons. When boosted, I have been conservative with it averaging about 5 to 7 lbs of boost on the street and also running 100% alky to protect the motor and it has 0 issues.

This LS6 longblock is bone stockk except for the 918 springs that I added on about 8000 miles ago which have performed like a champ (and are an excellent upgrade to the stock LS6 springs. .

The motor will not include my rocker arms or engine covers, oil pan, or manifold intake, and other sensors, etc. that are needed to swap the stock motor out for the new forged LS6 blower motor. I do believe I can locate the stock fuel injectors and pushrods that cam with the motor.

I take care of my vette meticuoulsy and this motor has seen nothing but 10w-30, Mobil 1 (synthetic) oil changes every 3000 miles or so (using Mobil 1 oil filter). I am the second owner of the car and the first guy who owned the car sold it when it had 13,000 miles on it and he was also super **** in the upkeep with the car also.

This is a very strong running healthy LS6 motor which made 367rwhp bone stock and 386rwhp with headers and cold air intake. My local tuners, Powehouse Performance, have done most the maintenance on my car and can attest to the upkeep of it with oil changes, etc, etc.

I am going to hold out for a local sale at first and give priority to those persons who can pick it up form my local tuner in Orland Park, IL. First person who comes up with the $ get the motor and not taking dibs on it as things get too screwed up with that, etc., If your out of state i will be willing to ship it if it does not sell within a month or so

PM me with any other questions, and don't bother hitting me up with any low ball offers.

Last edited by Chicago Crew UnderBoss; 12-02-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 12-02-2007, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sale Pending, will post up when it's 100% official in the immediate future.

Search this Thread