Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

E-Check help NE Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default E-Check help NE Ohio

Heres my delima....
My ls7 clutch kit and catless exhaust goes on Monday....

However my car is clutchless right now and non drivable...

Do any fellow LSx ers work at an Echeck place or know somebody who might throw me a bone....If u dont feel like saying in public please PM me.

Or whats the best e check place to take my car to in NE Ohio....A place were they may be to lazy to really check or might be persuaded for a small fee

I dont feel like waiting at least 3 weeks for collectors plates because

A. You can no longer get them for a stock 2000 Camaro SS
B. You have to have $5,000 in receipts...Which i probably do but I am sure they wont be honored hassle free so there is no guarantee this will work

Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks
Old 04-30-2008, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Oh and what would I need to do to pass without cats if I have to, I heard it is very plausable
Old 05-01-2008, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

if the codes are deleted out of the pcm that will help. but you will still fail the visual check for the cat. I have mine registered in a county w/o e-check. You could weld just a convertor shell on, then make sure all the codes are gone and you should be ok. but if they run the tailpipe test you may or may not pass.
The only other thing you could do is try and get a reciept for over $300 and try and get an exemption.
Josh
Old 05-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by QuickSilver
if the codes are deleted out of the pcm that will help. but you will still fail the visual check for the cat. I have mine registered in a county w/o e-check. You could weld just a convertor shell on, then make sure all the codes are gone and you should be ok. but if they run the tailpipe test you may or may not pass.
The only other thing you could do is try and get a reciept for over $300 and try and get an exemption.
Josh
Thanks,
What do you mean by an en exemption??? I have reciets over $300 for work done to car including exhaust work... How do i get an exemption???
Old 05-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gn4life

A. You can no longer get them for a stock 2000 Camaro SS
B. You have to have $5,000 in receipts...Which i probably do but I am sure they wont be honored hassle free so there is no guarantee this will work

Thanks
where did you find this info?
Old 05-02-2008, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

if you fail e check ad show a 300 reciept for repairs to pass e-check they will give you and exemption. it has to be current dated tho.
Josh
Old 05-02-2008, 08:53 AM
Teching In

Subliminal Hit
I called the BMV and this is what they told me as of a few days ago...But I hear different info from alot of people.

Quick Silver
Thanks, but who is in charge of giving out the exemption, the BMV or the E- Check place??? What part of Ohio do you live in?
Old 05-02-2008, 12:47 PM
11 Second Club

im in the akron area usually you go to e-check fail get the reciept then take that back to e-check i think. I dont do e-check i did make up some invoices at the shop i used to run that helped some people get the exemption. but im no longer there.
What are are you located in?
Josh
Old 05-02-2008, 01:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by QuickSilver
im in the akron area usually you go to e-check fail get the reciept then take that back to e-check i think. I dont do e-check i did make up some invoices at the shop i used to run that helped some people get the exemption. but im no longer there.
What are are you located in?
Josh
I'm in Twinsburg.... I just got back from the e-check place in Twinsburg from e checking another vehicle... I asked them they sent me to the EPA building next door... The manager there baisically let me know that it was not going to happen and if so he would make it darn near impossible and he would only issue an "extension" for a brief amount of time... This makes no sense to me... I dont think he can do that... Maybe the Echeck places out by you might be more resonable....

Thanks
Old 05-02-2008, 02:09 PM
11 Second Club

if you fail and spend over $300 to repair the problem that caused it to fail they must give and exemption.
PM me i can point you to a few e-check out this way.
Josh
Old 05-02-2008, 04:33 PM
On The Tree

Get Collector plates, if you have another car in your name you can do it. Bypass E-check all together.

Quick Reply: E-Check help NE Ohio