Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Another Hall's deal!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 11:16 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
Im watching the outlaw street racing program on Discovery (Street Outlaws)...I am pretty sure most of these cars are junk

I am pretty sure Farmtruck and Asian are completely and utterly gay for each other.

How fast was your car? Do you think it would be competitive with any on the "list". Some of the cars are a bit rough but at least they are out doing something.

I see you are really into dogs as well; you all have alot in common. Bet you would get along great with azn and farm truck.
Old 06-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SDB
Im watching the outlaw street racing program on Discovery (Street Outlaws)...I am pretty sure most of these cars are junk, but the top spot nova has a 572 Proline built motor with a F3 procharger making "well over 2000 hp". Sounds a tad high, but probably still a mid 8 sec car I imagine. I am pretty sure Farmtruck and Asian are completely and utterly gay for each other.
Hows your car coming along?
Old 06-27-2013, 09:19 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by silver_82
How fast was your car? Do you think it would be competitive with any on the "list". Some of the cars are a bit rough but at least they are out doing something.

I see you are really into dogs as well; you all have alot in common. Bet you would get along great with azn and farm truck.
I imagine I would beat farmtruck and thats about it...It didn't look like it ran better then low 10's....

I think its funny that a show like that is on TV, sort of like moonshiners....how smart is it to do illegal things on tv...maybe you might get caught?? They are out doing something allright..pandering to cameras and acting like idiots. Streetracing is great if you live in an area where it actually happens. Anyone that would allow a camera crew to see all their spots, cars, etc is stupid.

I am doing something, just not streetracing in Ft. Wayne since no one does that anymore...I think this board clearly shows that.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:20 AM
SDB
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Starfire1
Hows your car coming along?
Truck is great, gets 15 mpg and runs 17's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2013, 10:05 AM
Staging Lane

He could also be struggling with how the format of the list works. Slower cars calling out faster ones, besides a few bike races the only cars I ever saw SDB callout were 15 sec cars driven by 16 year old kids you know the tough races.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:27 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SDB
I imagine I would beat farmtruck and thats about it...It didn't look like it ran better then low 10's....

I think its funny that a show like that is on TV, sort of like moonshiners....how smart is it to do illegal things on tv...maybe you might get caught?? They are out doing something allright..pandering to cameras and acting like idiots. Streetracing is great if you live in an area where it actually happens. Anyone that would allow a camera crew to see all their spots, cars, etc is stupid.

I am doing something, just not streetracing in Ft. Wayne since no one does that anymore...I think this board clearly shows that.
Its a TV show, are they racing on streets? YES, but they have permission to be there, cops really cant do anything if its on private property. Alot if not all of the cop scenes are staged or planned out for the show. Most of the illegal activities are an illusion for TV, nothing more. At least these guys can get together and race regularly rather than flapping their gums. And when called out, they dont beg for spots or from a damn roll. Yes the scene around hear is dead unfortunatly. Way too many "wait till my car is finished in 10 yrs" types.
If you dont like the show, then just dont watch it.

I think its a bit funny you call the cars **** boxes but the only one you "might" beat is the slowest on the list. And a big heavy turd of a truck with the aerodynamics of a small house.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the farm truck vid its the only racing I have seen in this topic
Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

Yes the scene around hear is dead unfortunatly. Way too many "wait till my car is finished in 10 yrs" types.
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Old 06-27-2013, 03:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the farm truck vid its the only racing I have seen in this topic

I'll be going to Muncie next Wednesday to race, if anybody's interested in going down let me know
Old 06-27-2013, 07:30 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

Its a TV show, are they racing on streets? YES, but they have permission to be there, cops really cant do anything if its on private property. Alot if not all of the cop scenes are staged or planned out for the show. Most of the illegal activities are an illusion for TV, nothing more. At least these guys can get together and race regularly rather than flapping their gums. And when called out, they dont beg for spots or from a damn roll. Yes the scene around hear is dead unfortunatly. Way too many "wait till my car is finished in 10 yrs" types.
If you dont like the show, then just dont watch it.

I think its a bit funny you call the cars **** boxes but the only one you "might" beat is the slowest on the list. And a big heavy turd of a truck with the aerodynamics of a small house.
2012 Truck Shootout - Farmtruck Wheelie - YouTube
Its a make believe show then...great...and I would gladly have raced Farmtruck for money on the street for money with the way my car was 10 years ago...I had him by 8 mph on pump gas and radials...but I would have stopped with him! lol

some of the cars are shitboxes, by my definition...like Farmtruck....
I know they have very fast ones, 7 sec cars at the top of the list...but the show is gay...the idea that they might actually get in trouble is ridiculous...
I do like that they get together and race a lot, that part is cool...

Now, lets everyone chime in and talk about how people are going to race this weekend, blah blah blah....and then no one goes out, one person goes to the track and everyone else talks about being fast...

Besides Liberty Diner, where do the "fast" cars hang out at anymore? I saw some kids at a couple spots, but no American muscle..????

I see ben went to Detroit...I had the same experience when I was there a few times...just ******* unreal amounts of real cars...everywhere...its kind of overwhelming. people coming right up to you to race for money...hundreds of cars...
Old 06-28-2013, 09:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SDB
Now, lets everyone chime in and talk about how people are going to race this weekend, blah blah blah....and then no one goes out, one person goes to the track and everyone else talks about being fast...
I raced my street cruiser just a couple weeks ago. Had to go to the track and race against race cars since the streets are dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-Ae...ature=youtu.be
Old 06-29-2013, 06:48 PM
SDB
10 Second Club

I raced my street cruiser just a couple weeks ago. Had to go to the track and race against race cars since the streets are dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7-Ae...ature=youtu.be
Green 275 car looks like mid 9's....whats it got? Should be more fun on the street than the Monza I imagine!
Old 06-30-2013, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SDB
Green 275 car looks like mid 9's....whats it got? Should be more fun on the street than the Monza I imagine!
Car was on a slick in the vid and it runs high 10's. Just looks quicker because the tires are shot and spun bad. The Monza is actually a Starfire and yes the Stang is much more fun driving around than the other car.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone recommend to me where I should get my e85 nitrous car tuned locally?
Old 07-01-2013, 09:29 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2000SS1979
Brent @ Lingenfelter maybe for street tunes/dyno Tunes

Frost @ Cj racing, but he comes around few times a year and I do not know when that is, hopefully soon. So Auburn area and Decatur/Fort Wayne.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:53 PM
Teching In

I will probably be out this weekend toying around one night.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:29 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 2000SS1979
Jessie Bubb is in Warsaw and does street tunes.

Mike Norris is in Indy.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:30 PM
TECH Addict

Does anyone have an 01-02 LS1 PCM I could borrow? I am suspecting that mine may be bad, and need to borrow someones to see.

I'll need it for a week or so, and would be willing to throw in a little money or beer.
Old 07-05-2013, 04:42 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SDB
...I see ben went to Detroit...I had the same experience when I was there a few times...just ******* unreal amounts of real cars...everywhere...its kind of overwhelming. people coming right up to you to race for money...hundreds of cars...
**** was crazy up there. Just simply unreal. Fort Wayne was never that big. But in its prime it was plenty for me.

Its not happening like it used to, but I still would not say racing doesn't happen. I've had a few, and my Z hasn't even been around yet this year, (I raced a couple in the Formula). I know there has been others, Chris for example, Blake, and more.

Racing like back in 1999-2005? No. But racing is still happening whether you want to believe it or not.

People may bitch about the lack of it happening, or people may taunt, such as Starfire, but none of that will make people get their cars out and make it bigger than it is.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CALL911
Does anyone have an 01-02 LS1 PCM I could borrow? I am suspecting that mine may be bad, and need to borrow someones to see.

I'll need it for a week or so, and would be willing to throw in a little money or beer.
I will check. I think the other 2 I have are from trucks. What color ends does the 01-02 OCM have?

Quick Reply: Another Hall's deal!!!